Thirty-Four

I decided to make a map of the basement layout because I thought it may be helpful. (sorry for the delay in posting) Trigger warning.

----------------------------------------

Talon's POV

----------------------------------------

I woke up disoriented. My bed seemed especially cold... and much harder than usual.

I groaned as I lifted my head up. My head was pounding, and my body felt numb but stiff at the same time.

What the hell did I do last night?

I opened my eyes, and to my surprise, I was not let with my blue-green walls—only grey.

Where the hell am I?

Then it hit me when I saw the chain on my leg. The wet feeling floor, the concrete wall...

"No...no no no no..." I whispered to myself, slowly getting louder, breath catching in my throat. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

This can't be real... it has to be a nightmare.

I pinched my arm. Oh god, oh god, this is real. My breathing sped up again, and I felt like I was gonna throw up.

"Hey... you have to calm down. If they hear you, they'll get angry," a voice spoke.

My head snapped to the other corner of the room to reveal another boy sitting there.

"Wh-who are y-y-you?" I asked.

"My name is Lucas." The boy whispered. He seemed young, younger than I was when I first came here. It took me by surprise almost as much as it did to recognize these basement walls. I had never seen another person kept in here. He had a bright red dog collar around his neck, and he was chained to the wall just like me.

Tears started streaming down my face as my anxiety attack worsened. I tried pinching my arm to wake myself up again, but it didn't work. Does that actually work? My heart was pounding a hole in my chest. All I could hear was myself gasping and struggling for breath. I wanted to scream. I put my head on my knees and screwed my eyes shut.

"Hey, I know it's hard, but you need to try to calm down, these men have rules, and they might hurt you or me if you're not quiet."

His words only made me cry harder.

I can't believe it. This cant be real. I've finally gone insane.

Suddenly I heard the beep of the keypad on the door. I lifted my head, and then it swung open; in the doorway stood a large man with short brown hair and green eyes, Vicious.

It clicked with me at that moment that he was the weird man from the mall; the reason he had stared at the scar on my shoulder blade was because he was the one who had given it to me.

How could I be so fucking stupid? I see him in my nightmares practically every night. I could never forget his face, I could never forget any of their faces, yet I came face-to-face with him and didn't even realize.

"Welcome back, kid," He sneered, and Lucas looked at him weirdly, then gave the same face to me. He doesn't know...

"Guess whose birthday is tomorrow," Vicious said aloud. I didn't answer.

"Oh boy, I hope you haven't forgotten the rules..." he said, walking closer to me, "that would be bad for you."

I cleared my throat, "I haven't forgotten, sir..." I said quietly, my voice trembling.

"Good. As I was saying, it's A's birthday tomorrow." They've always referred to each other by what I assume is their first initials, so I can't know their real names. A is Hardhead.