Twenty-One

Wow, a rare chapter with Sebastian's perspective! Also, this is the song mentioned later near the end of the chapter just in case you want to listen along. The time stamp for the part that I go into detail about is 3:00 

Sebastian's POV

----------------------------------------

I exited my room but the bathroom was not my destination, instead, I was going downstairs to make sure the claims I made about my family would be true.

I entered the kitchen and almost all eyes went to me.

"Is Talon okay?" Carter asked. As I had assumed, the information had made its way around.

"He's okay for now, he had a panic attack, please don't ask him about it when we come back down okay? He's going to want to forget about it and is extremely embarrassed by the fact that you all saw." I said, waiting until I got agreement from everyone. I nodded and returned back upstairs, entering my room again to see that he was standing up looking out of the window.

~ it's pretty out there~ he commented, seeming like he was trying to fight off sleep.

I hopped back onto the bed and patted the space next to me, he saw and lay down next to me.

"Are you tired?" I asked.

~A little bit... I have extra trouble sleeping on Christmas...~

"You wanna try and nap before the foods ready?"

~ I guess we can...~

I smiled, getting up and turning off my lights and turning on my fan before lying back down and burying my face in the nape of his neck, breathing in his earthy smell. Shortly after, the hand I had laying in his chest helped me feel his breathing slow, he had fallen asleep.

I hoped one day he would find out just how much I had grown to love... and maybe soon I would gain the courage to make him my actual boyfriend.

With wishful thinking, I fell into slumber too.

Later we were awoken by Carter turning on the lights in the room.

"Boys, foods ready," he said. Talon sat up tiredly, his hair somehow completely messed up even though we only slept for like twenty-five minutes. I took my hands and ran them through his hair, trying to tame down the mess, he stared back up at me tiredly with half closed eyes. How cute could this boy possibly get?

"You heard him, let's go eat," I said, standing up out of the bed and stretching, the popping of my bones sounding through my room. I turned off the fan and turned around to see Talon still sitting down on my bed with the comforter piled up in his lap. He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

~I don't want to get up...~ he signed, I laughed and grabbed his wrists, pulling him off the bed.

"Too bad baby, I'm hungry!" I said grabbing his hand and leading him downstairs, the smell of the honey glazed ham being the most prominent out of all the food. The kitchen was full of chatter.

"look who woke up from hibernation!" Aunt Christine said setting down an apple pie fresh from the oven.

"Ha-ha, it wasn't that long auntie," I remarked, glad that nobody asked Talon about his episode earlier. A few of them were giving him kind of weird looks but he didn't seem to notice.

"Alright everyone, just grab a plate and load up!" Carter said. We watched as most of the family crammed into the kitchen, waiting for it to die down a little so we didn't risk another panic attack.

Once it got that way we helped ourselves to the food and joined the rest of the family at the equally as crammed dining table, we had to pull in other chairs from around the house just to get everyone a seat. Talon and I sat at the short end of the table to avoid elbow rubbing, and even if it did happen, the next person to him was Elle, so hopefully, it wouldn't be so bad.