Five

When I got to my locker after fourth-hour Joshy was waiting there leaning against the metal boxes. It felt nice to see him again after a while because I didn't want to spend time writing responses since he knew quite a bit of sign language

~Hey Joshy~ I sign.

"Hey T." He responds, tapping his fingers on the grey lockers, looking deep in thought, my presence seems to break him out of it.

~I know this might seem a little weird but Sebastian Reynolds asked us if we wanted to sit at his lunch table with him and his friends today... can we?~ I ask him, giving him a pleading look even though he'll probably agree anyway.

"Sebastian Reynolds?" he repeats, I nod. " well if you want to then sure, why not? It'd be a change from sitting outside by the smokers"

When he finished his sentence we began our walk to the cafeteria. Upon arrival, Joshy makes his way over to wait in the obnoxiously long line while I stand awkwardly by the door of the lunchroom surveying the area for either Sebastian of Kacee.

"Hey! Talon!" I hear the loud voice of Kacee yelling out towards me. I turn around to see her as a greeting, she skips excitedly. I wave to her as a greeting. She skips around a bit before telling me that Sebastian is in the line getting both himself and Kacee food for lunch. After that, she tells me to follow her and continues skipping through the cafeteria tables to get to the one we were going to inhabit.

I feel like I'm in the Wizard of Oz with all the skipping shes doing. She finally stops skipping at a large table in the very center of the room with people sitting at it.

"Guys, gals, friends of all nature this right here is Nugget, Nugget, these are my friends!" She announces to the group of four at the table. I don't really know why she called me nugget but I blush anyway.

I give a smile and wave to all of them. I can't even say that 'Nugget' isn't my real name because I threw away my other paper due to lack of writing space on it.

"Nugget?" asks a dirty blond haired boy sitting down at the table.

"Yes! Nugget, y'know cause he's really short?" Explains Kacee like its obvious adding a little cackle at her new name for me.

Oh. Now I get the name.

"You're a fucking idiot did you know that Kacee?" laughs one of the girls, causing the rest of the table to join in, it even got a little laugh from me. Because it's accurate.

Soon after, Sebastian and Joshy join us standing next to me and Kacee because we still haven't sat down yet.

"Hey Talon, has Kacee introduced you to the group yet?" asked Sebastian while he indicates for me to sit down on one of the chairs around the circular table and U do, glad there was enough space for me to still avoid touch. Kacee sits down across from me, Sebastian sits next to me and Josh sits next to another girl who occupied the seat on the other side of me.

"Of course I did!" Kacee says raising her voice acting like shes offended.

"She said his name is Nugget." The girl next to me deadpans.

"Jesus Kacee, anyways, guys this is. Talon, he doesn't like to speak and doesn't like being touched so please keep that in mind, even so, he's a cool dude, and this guy-" Sebastian points to Josh, "Is his best friend, Josh, they can probably tell you more about themselves... uhm, why don't we all introduce ourselves." Sebastian says. Everyone at the table agreed to his proposition.

First to speak was the girl sitting on the right side of me, she had long teal hair and milky skin, green eyes and strong cheekbones. "My names Aarya and I'm an excessive cusser just so you know."