Eighteen

I've never been to therapy/counselling so if you have any info on general stuff or things I described that isn't correct please let me know. I've done a decent amount of research to make it as accurate as possible but I am happy for input if you have any, I truly will appreciate it as great help! Thanks, enjoy the chapter

----------------------------------------

The next day Sebastian and I walked over to the crew at the fountain. He did that bro hug thing that guys do with Cam, the thing where they kind of high five or handshake into a hug.

I couldn't stop thinking about how in two days I'd be going to see a counsellor about my feelings. Maybe I should just stay completely silent until it's over... no I'm doing this for my mother, and maybe it really will help me get better, maybe I'd be able to hug her without cringing. or touch anyone at all for that matter.

In English class, Kacee, Sebastian and I sat near the back of the class, and we joked around but I still couldn't stop thinking of it, up until art class at the end of the day when Seb and I painted together and Aarya lightheartedly made fun of his paintings. Art always helped me calm down or forget about stuff I didn't want to think about, but today it just wasn't working the same.

As we walked out of the school we were the last three to meet back with the group at the front entrance. We usually would stay and talk until everyone got on their busses before we left. Sebastian stood with me and as Max got on his bus Sebastian said he and Cameron were gonna head off to practice. He looked around and then rubbed his hand into the freshly washed and brushed hair on my head, taking it out of its sort of styled way and turning it back into a mop of brown. He rubbed it the way you would a dog or puppy.

I swatted at his hand and he pulled away laughing and saying, "See ya, I'll talk to you after practice." I signed back, 'you too', watching as he strolled away.

Soon after Josh walked up to me.

"Ready to go?"

I nodded, he was taking me to his house today to hang out. We walked down to the student parking lot and got in his car, starting the drive to his house.

I stared at the fresh bandages that wrapped around his knuckles and palm. He had new ones almost every week. I never asked about it but I was starting to worry.

We stopped and got a meal from McDonald's to pass the time we needed to wait to pick up his little brother from school so we didn't have to go to his house and then come right back out.

Once he got in the car we were off in the direction of their home again.

~Hey Wyatt~ I signed after getting his attention, my body turned towards the back seat. He was seven years old, and Josh had taught him sign language after he had learned it himself with me. That's how we met, in junior year when I first moved here, in my ASL class that I took because I refused to talk. I had already learned some over the time I took to re-coop before finally going to the new school.

He had initially taken that class because he thought it would be decently easy and he didn't have interest in any of the other electives offered, but when I came to school he helped me around and was basically my tour guide, he actually started paying attention in that class so he could talk to me and we became friends, at least that's what he told me.

Wyatt had picked up the language pretty nicely, since he was five years old he was around that language learning period where its easier to learn new things.

"Hi Talon," he said, he wasn't as energetic as he usually was based on the other times I've seen and been around him, just like his brother.

I turned back around.