Twenty

After a short wait Sebastian opened the door and instantly smiled at me, I waved back and signed a greeting.

~Hi, did you tell them about touching and speaking?~ I had previously learned that he had been learning his extra sign language off of the internet and YouTube, and that's how he had gotten so much better from the times I taught him stuff. Now he understood almost everything I said, and if not I would teach it to him.

~Of course I did~ he signed back, beckoning me in, vocally warning me that some of his family was crazy. He asked if the present I was holding was for him and when I nodded he grabbed it from my hands and set it on a little table by the bottom of the stairs saying we would open ours when we were alone.

We walked over to the living room and I saw many family members sitting around on the couches and chairs. It was weird seeing a house completely decorated with a tree, stockings, lights and the like. I hadn't seen stuff like this in about four years.

"Guys this is Talon," Sebastian said to the family that didn't already know me.

"Oh, you're Talon? Well hi, I'm Christine, Sebastian's aunty, its nice to meet you!" One of the women sitting in the longer couch said. She told me she was Carter's sister and then proceeded to introduce me to everyone else, her son David who was our age, her husband Matthew, Andrews brother Caleb, his girlfriend, their two kids, Andrews parents, and her mom. The living room was quite full.

I sat on the floor by the couch next to Sebastian since all the couch spots were taken, Andrew and Caleb even had to stand.

"Can we do pwesents now?" Armelle whined from her spot in Carter's lap causing the adults to laugh.

"Yes, child" Carter responded. 

The way they did it, Elle would go under the tree and grab two presents, find out who they were for and give them to them and go back again after they were opened.

This method took a while as there were quite a bit of people exchanging presents. We were conversing about recent game scores and the kids were talking about cartoons. I was secretly holding Sebastian's hand at the side farthest from the other people at an angle they couldn't see, mainly because I didn't want to explain the exception to the 'no-touch' rule, especially since I didn't have any answer myself.

"Yeah but Green Bay is better than the Raiders," Caleb said.

"What about the Steelers though?"

My smile faded, The name caused my stomach to lurch, and I tightened my grip on Sebastian's hand

"And the Steelers get the first touchdown! A strong lead so far!"

"WOo!" Hardhead hollered, taking a large swig of his beer, clanking his glass with any guy who wasn't busy with me.

~you OK?~ Sebastian asked. I took a second and signed yes to him. He looked at me for a second longer before giving a curt nod.

"We have Antonio Brown and Juju Smith!"

My head hit the concrete wall again and I screwed my eyes shut. The radio playing the game was loud and the men were yelling and conversing loudly.

I was trying to pull away from Baldy who was pulling off my pants when Chip held down my upper body. He brought his teeth to my earlobes and nipped at them. I cringed. It was a thing he always liked to do; biting my ears. I hated it so much. He pinched my nipple hard through my shirt and I shrieked.

"What a nice colouring book Armelle!" Gushed her grandma as she helped pull off the leftover paper. Elle laughed in delight at her new Peppa Pig themed book.