Seventeen

When we woke up again later that day Sebastian asked if I wanted to talk about what happened. I told him that I might later.

He didn't press further and we went into the kitchen and sat at the counter. I cooked us some blueberry pancakes as a start for my appreciation, leaving some for my brother and mom just in case they wanted some when they woke up, which wasn't long after.

I looked out of the large kitchen window at the white flakes that fell from the sky, cascading down until they joined on the ground with the sheet of snow.

My mom and brother sat next to us at the counter and we ate together like a real family does, we hadn't done that in quite a while.

Nobody mentioned what happened this morning.

A little while after we finished eating my mom washed our dishes and went upstairs to get dressed in her work uniform. It was about nine forty in the morning, my mom opened at ten. My brother would go to his job at eleven.

When we were finally alone Sebastian suggested that we go over to his house since his sisters were alone there. I agreed and we took the short drive to his neighbourhood. When we walked in his oldest sister Eve was sitting on the couch and his youngest sister Elle was running around the room with her stuffed dog toy, playing something that her crazy imagination thought up. She noticed us entered and instantly the screaming began.

"Sebby!" She shouted, running up to him with her arms outstretched. He picked her up and spun her around in a hug and her joyous giggles filled the room. I smiled slightly at them as he put her back down.

"Hi Tawon!" She said excitedly to me. I waved to her and giggled at her struggle to say my name correctly. She asked me if I wanted to see her new friend. I said yes and followed her into her room and she pointed out a small wired cage that contained a small gray and white hamster.

She told me his name was Oscar and he likes bananas, and then she proceeded to completely forget about the topic entirely and ran back down the stairs asking Sebastian if she could go play in the snow.

"It's cold out there Elle, your gonna have to put on a lot of jackets and gloves and stuff," Sebastian informed her and she was unfazed.

"Eve said we can go when you got back" She pleaded, thinking that Sebastian was going to say no.

I watched as Sebastian helped her get on a jacket and a heavy coat, plus gloves, a beanie, boots and another pair of pants so she wouldn't freeze. The rest of us just added another hoodie or jacket on top of what we were wearing, except Eve who also wore gloves and a hat. I got one from Sebastian, a black hoodie with roses on the elbows and the left breast.

We went out into their backyard and Elle had snow up to just below her knees. She tried to catch the snowflakes on her tongue.

She jumped around in the deep snow banks and attempted to make a snowman with her big sister. I watched them rolling up the snow into balls only to feel a sudden burst of cold hit me in my right cheek. I turned towards that direction to see Sebastian smirking and holding a snowball in one of his hands.

As soon as I made eye contact with him he chucked it at me, I threw my hands up to block it from my face, it still hit my arms though.

I put my hands down and playfully glared at him, crouching low to pick up my own pile of snow. I threw it at him, knowing I was not very good at throwing and hoping it would hit him so I wouldn't be embarrassed, luckily I hit him in the chest.

I smiled and laughed at him until I noticed him reaching down to grab more ammo. I did the same and we entered into a snowball war. He would throw them at me and land almost every shot, and I on the other hand only made about twenty-three percent of mine. I mean it was kind of unfair though since he was a football player and all, even if he was a running back.