Twenty-Three

It was New Year's Eve, and luckily it fell on a Saturday. I was preparing for Sebastian. He picked today for our date, I had about seven days to prepare my speech, and no matter how hard I tried, my voice didn't get any better than it was on the third day.

I didn't need as much help getting an outfit as I had on the first date, however, Darren still decided to spectate my decisions.

I decided to wear something different that Sebastian's maroon hoodie, that thing had become something like a second skin to me, I wore it all the time, I had to give it back occasionally because it was losing his smell.

I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans and a thin-ish blue sweatshirt, deciding on combat boots for shoes since there was still snow outside, it wasn't snowing now and the snow from a few days ago had melted but there was a little bit still there.

"Where are you guys going to go?"  Darryn asked from his position leaning on my doorframe.

~I don't know, he never tells me~

Ryn chuckled, tilting his head back slightly, "That's the trick, gets them excited and surprised,"

~Ok Mr.PlayBoy~ I signed to him, playfully rolling my eyes.

He did one of those laughs where all you do is blow air out of your nose and make a kind of 'hmph' sound, and then left so I could dress.

I ran my towel through my hair again, drying it out as much as possible, pulling the sleeves of my sweater back down. I looked in the mirror, deciding that I looked good enough. My hair was especially curly since it was damp, the normal bags under my eyes had almost completely disappeared. There were no visible bruises as of now. The only thing there was scars and the remaining scabs from Mitch the other day.

I brushed my teeth and joined my brother downstairs on the living room couch until there was a knock at the door. Darryn got up and made his way over to it.

~What are you doing?~ I asked after snapping to get his attention, raising my eyebrow at him.

"I still haven't vetted this kid"  He responded, opening the door and pushing his head outside, causing his voice to muffle, as well as their conversation. I stood up from the couch and walked around it, making my way up to Darryn right as he pulled his head back inside and opened the door, revealing Sebastian standing there in all his glory.

He was wearing the new hoodie I had gotten for him on Christmas.

"You're good to go, have a fun time," Ryn said smiling. I laughed and joined Sebastian outside and closed the door behind me, wondering what Ryn had said.

We decided to take my new car, to get used to it and also because we always drive Sebastian's anyway. Obviously, Sebastian drove since he was stubborn, I didn't even ask where we were going because I had learned from our first date and many of the other times we went places that he wasn't going to tell me.

It was only around seven forty, so it wasn't totally dark outside yet, though it wasn't light either, it was a mixture of the two.

We drove out down the highway to where the mall was, it was one of those areas where its no houses and a bunch of stores and restaurants and things like that.  We pulled up into the parking lot of a Dave and Busters.

"Here we are!" Sebastian announced, shutting off the engine and looking at me.

~I haven't been to an arcade in so long~ I signed, trying to remember the last time I went... Definitely before what happened to me...maybe when I was thirteen.

We entered the large building and I instantly noticed how neon it was. We went to the front desk and bought some chips for our power cards and walked into the game area.