Twenty-Four

I was gonna wait to post this chapter but I felt bad cause you guys have probably been waiting for this moment for a while lmao, hope you enjoy. Also here's the song that comes into play.

----------------------------------------

We entered back Into the town and the sound of blasting fireworks were made ever so clear. We drove up to this big fielded area by a lake, with a hill behind the field. We parked near the hills trail, but we could still see the fireworks from here. We just wanted to sit up on top of the hill for a better experience.

We got out of the car, grabbing a blanket from the trunk and our leftovers, plus a little battery charged light he apparently brought.

We began up the trail, pushing away all the hanging foliage. I kicked a little pebble all the way up. It was nice and smelled fresh. There was still a few minutes since this show was set to officially start. We made it up to the top of the hill after a short trek, into a medium sized clearing.

"I'm surprised nobody's come up here, it's such a nice view," Sebastian said looking over the edge down at the other people setting up. We could see the field below if we got close enough to the edge and we could see far past the lake.

We unfolded out the blanket and shook it out, laying it flat against the ground. It was ten thirty-three, and the actual show was set to start at ten thirty-five. I started to notice how chilly it had gotten since we'd arrived.

We set up the lamp in a spot that was out of our way but would still light up the area around us since it was pretty dark up here. It glowed an aqua blue. I picked up the takeout box of the ground where I had set it momentarily, moving it onto the blanket.

I stood up straight facing Sebastian, the opposite way of the lakeside, straightening out my shirt, being scared by the sudden loud screaming noise followed by a pop.

I turned around to see the remainder of a purple fireworks blast. I heard Sebastian laugh at me for jumping. More fireworks followed the other one. I looked at my phone, 10:36.

The show had begun.

We sat down next to each other, closely, he held his arm around my shoulders in an embrace. We watched the blasting colours in the sky. We talked about which colours and fireworks designs were cooler.

Seb took the box from behind us, lifting up the styrofoam. The food inside was still decently warm to our surprise. We both tried. a piece, agreeing on how good the zeppole was.

"We've gotta do it like in the movies," he said picking up another piece.

~What do you mean?~

"Like when they feed each other," he said pushing the food towards my mouth. I giggled a little bit, taking a small bite from the donut, grabbing it with my teeth, until it fell out of my grip and I had to catch it.

I looked up at Sebastian to see if he saw and indeed he was looking back at me with an amused face. I smiled and finished the piece, acting as nothing happened at all.

Our attention sometimes diverted to the people below, families with children, old couples. It felt like we were stalkers but we were just imagining what they might be like. We found an old lady who sat next to a younger adult woman who looked very unamused, like she needed a drink. She wasn't observing the sky, but instead, she was watching these two kids running circles around them. We could hear their screaming from up here, faintly but we could still hear them. We assumed them to be her grandchildren.

"Do you think she's a bitchy old lady or a nice grandma? Like the ones who always bake and never let you leave unless you eat," He asked, continuing to look down at her pondering his two options.

Trauma  -BoyxBoy-On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara