Twenty-Eight

When I got home that night it was normal. I helped with dinner and I played with Elle. After dinner I went into my room, getting into my bag and pulling out the notebook.

I skimmed through the pages until I found where I had left off.

For the rest of the night, I stayed in my room and read the entire notebook. I was on my bed for hours. I read it three times.

He never once talked about any of the times he actually beat talon up, he only alluded to it. He also talked about his hatred for gay people and how it made him feel powerful when he would mess with someone. I was also in there, he referred to me as a 'fucking cocksucker' and a 'faggot fucker' as well as the more simpler 'bitch' and 'motherfucker'. I got better insults compared to Talon.

I shut the notebook in anger. There was really nothing I could gain from reading it that I didn't already know.

I picked the notebook up off of my lap and practically slammed it on my bedside table before letting myself fall backwards until my head hit the pillow, huffing through my nose.

"Yesterday I requested a meeting with the principle for us, so don't be surprised if you get called down," I said to Talon after greeting him at his door.

He zipped his jacket up, frowning.

"What's wrong?" I asked blocking the passenger door of my car.

"Nothing... I'm just- nervous" his gravelly voice responded. I pulled him close to me. "It'll be fine baby," I said, slightly rocking him side to side.

He hugged his arms around me and squeezed before letting go. I opened the car door for him, shutting it after he got in, proceeding to enter the driver's seat and get us on our way.

At school, I walked with Talon to our first-class like normal. Pretty much everything went like normal but I could tell Talon was nervous the whole period. I felt bad but this was for his own good.

It was fourth hour when an office aide came into my classroom with a note. The teacher read it and then called mute up. I looked away from josh and stood up to go take it from her.

The note was for right now. I walked back to my desk and grabbed my stuff, packing it into my bag and slinging it over my shoulders after taking mitch's notebook out and handing it to josh.

"What's the pass for?" Josh whispered.

"Principal's office, I requested a visit for Talon and me, we're gonna tell her about Mitch"

I walked down the halls, I was hopeful but I was also nervous that they won't do anything, I mean this school has done stuff like that before.

I entered the large main entry hall and saw Talon standing outside of the front office doors. He had his bottom lip tucked tightly under his teeth.

I got close to him, "stop doing that, your gonna draw blood if you bite any harder" I said. Slowly he let go.

~Sorry just really nervous still~ he signed. I grabbed hand and gave it a squeeze.

"You ready to go in?" I asked after a few seconds, looking at him. He took a deep breath in and then nodded. I gave one more reassuring look and then twisted the door handle open leading him through the front office and over to the door to the principle office room. I knocked on the door and I heard her voice yell to come in.

I opened the door and Principle Miller invited us to sit down. Her bronze coloured name tag sat on her desk, shining from the light streaming in the window.

Talon let go of my hand, presumably to get more comfortable in the armchair, or because he didn't want to show affection in front of the principle, the former hopefully.