Twenty-Five

The next day I woke up feeling refreshed, no nightmares to wake me up. I went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple, and then I laid on my bed watching youtube, Kurtis Conner to be exact.

My brother came in and jumped on my bed, by my feet, avoiding them but he made by bed bounce and that made me and my phone also bounce up pretty far.

"So now you gotta tell me about the date," he said, like a little kid asking their grandpa about his war stories.

~He took me to an arcade, and then we went to Olive Garden, when we finished we went to a fireworks show.~

"OK... but did anything happen??" He asked, seeming bored.

~We kissed...~

He sat up, newfound interested in his eyes, "You kissed?!"

I nodded my head.

"Little bros first kiss!" He said almost yelling. I told him to quiet down because I didn't want mom to hear.

~What about you and Quinn?~ I asked, his eyes popped wide.

"Oh, I forgot, she's pregnant!" He whispered excitedly. "You're going to be an uncle!"

This time it was me who sat up surprised.

~Congratulations!~  I signed, ~When are you telling mom?~ I couldn't believe I was going to be an uncle... I wonder if it will be a niece or nephew

"Sometime this week, we'll get a little cake and throw a mini party or something, I don't know... well figure it out"

~Well I'm happy for you!~ I signed, thinking about my counsellor's advice to start trying to touch people.

I know it sounds weird but, I gave him a high five. It was very awkward for me, I kept reminding my self that he is my brother, he shares my same blood, and he won't hurt me and he's nothing like those men. I also was able to force the memories away.

Once he left my room I got in a video call with my friends from my old town, it was kind of a thing we did now, every Sunday we'd all get in a call together and they'd catch up with me and vice versa. I still felt weird about my picture being in their school but I liked to push it in the back of my mind.

The next day I walked into school and I felt like a giddy schoolgirl who had just had her first kiss, which I guess I did. Every time I saw Sebastian, caterpillars in my chest came out as butterflies. It felt like he was my crush and I had never talked to him before even though we were now dating.

Honestly, it was a little silly.

But I mean it was a good silly, I haven't been this happy in a while.

After first hour where he sat next to me and basically complimented me the whole hour, I received nice texts from him.

'How's class my new boyfriend? ;)'

It seemed like he enjoyed calling me by that so far, just reminding himself that we're dating now because I guess it made him feel proud. I kind of liked it too though.

I texted him back, 'pretty boring, how about you?'

Kacee had to stay in our first-hour class to finish a test, which would probably take her almost all hour, that's why I was bored out of my mind.

'Were just watching a movie, you're more interesting though' he texted back and I smiled to myself.

"Talon, phone away please," the teacher said. I blushed when his calling of my name caused some kids to look at me. I slid my phone back in my pocket and rested my head on my hand, silently filling out the rest of the notes.