|| Chapter Five ||

The lunch hall was bustling with students of all years. It was filled to the brim with students either sitting at tables or in the queue to get food. (Y/N) entered expecting to be overwhelmed by the sound, but it was oddly comforting. Even despite the formality of the school, the lunch hall was exactly the same as her middle school. It seemed to be the only noise she was familiar with in this new school and she finally felt like she knew what she was doing in this environment rather than in the shining halls and fancy training arenas.

However, the comforting feeling quickly vanished. She stood like a deer in headlights in the middle of the hall, looking at the tables with a meek look, wondering where to sit. She had yet to make any connection with her classmates. Being late seemed to have no pros. Everyone had found their individual cliques, and (Y/N) had been left out. She gulped nervously and turned towards the exit. The roof should be empty.

"Hey, Yamasaki!" A cheery voice called out, and all of a sudden there was a hand at her waist, snuggling into her side and dragging her back into the lunch hall. "Where do you think you're going, Missy?" Mina teased as she pushed the nervous girl towards the table of girls who were all chatting happily.

"Oh! That's fine, I don't want to intrude-" (Y/N) awkwardly shook her head, attempting to turn back around.

"Don't be silly, c'mon! You have to make some friends at some point." Mina teased. She made a good argument.

(Y/N) sighed a nervous breath. Her heart began to beat in her chest. She was in no mood to embarrass herself but felt as though she would. She was so used to being dependent on Noah, that she'd forgotten how to interact with new people. She nevertheless allowed Mina to escort her towards the girl's table, all of whom noticed her approaching presence.

"Yamasaki! It's lovely to finally meet you! Mina was so right, you are stunning!" The short brunette gushed as she gestured for the (H/C) to sit down.

(Y/N) felt her face blush as she turned towards the eating girl, "I've heard that twice today, what have you been saying about me?" She asked, her voice losing its shakiness as she felt more and more relaxed by the second.

"Nothing bad! Just that you're a badass." She giggled. "You saved my life, it's hard not to praise you." She mused as she popped a green grape into her mouth with a cheeky smile.

"You wouldn't have died, Mina. It was a UA Entrance Exam." The girl with black hair pointed out with a chuckle. Instantly (Y/N) knew she was the motherly type. "You would have got to safety in any case."

"Thank you." (Y/N) smiled. Finally, someone agreed with her.

"However, that was definitely something a hero would do and I imagine that is how you got into 1A. Well done." (Y/N)'s smile dropped but her blush remained. All the compliments were not something she was used to.

"Not like you'd know, Yaoyomomo, you got in by recommendation anyway," Mina grumbled, nibbling on her sandwich with a scowl.

"Wow, really?" (Y/N) beamed, excitement evident in her gleaming eyes, her giddy state putting a smile on everyone's faces. "That's so cool... Who recommended you?"