|| Chapter Forty Eight ||

"Kirishima

"Kirishima... Talk to me... What's wrong?" Kaminari tried to urge, staring worriedly at his friend who was slumped over the dining table, his face in his arms.

"Just leave him alone. He clearly needs space." Jirou quietly advised from the opposite chair, also gazing at Kirishima in concern.

"He's been like this for like forty minutes. It's not healthy." Kaminari whined, leaning down and trying to peek at Kirishima's face but was unable to as the redhead's arms covered it.

"It's not our business to pry." Todoroki wisely added who sat next to Jirou.

"Yeah. He's obviously not gonna say anything." Bakugou grunted who was also sitting next to Jirou but on the other side of her.

"I know what you mean," Kaminari frowned, his gaze flickering to the three in front of him before deterring back to Kirishima. "But how can I just sit here and watch him like this?" He leaned down again. "Kirishima... If you want me to leave, I will. But it's not good to keep everything in... You're hurting yourself..."

"You sound pathetic." Bakugou spat, leaning back in his chair with his arms crossed.

"Bakugou," Todoroki said firmly, his tone indicating that the said student should cut it out.

"Kirishima..." A new voice suddenly chimed in from behind Kaminari; Midoriya. Midoriya walked towards the redhead and crouched down beside him with a saddened and miserable look. "She's gonna be okay..." He whispered as quietly as he could, placing a hand on Kirishima's leg comfortingly. "She's strong and you know that." Although Midoriya was trying to be strong and determined, the slight tremble in his voice showed that he too was frightened out of his mind for both (Y/N)'s and Eri's safety.

"What are you talking about?" Todoroki was the only one who had caught onto Midoriya's words even though he had only heard a few words in the sentence. "What's going on?" His voice was a little louder than previously, sterner too.

Midoriya gulped thickly and squeezed his eyes shut, trying to evaluate his mind. He stood and stared into Todoroki's eyes with wavering determination. He averted his gaze and looked towards Uraraka and Tsuyu who had arrived with Midoriya but had kept their distance - no one had noticed them till now. Uraraka gave a firm nod to Midoriya, her fists clenched tightly to showcase her own tension.

Midoriya turned back to Todoroki and breathed in deeply. "Earlier today we went to a meeting with some pro-heroes to discuss a rescue mission." His words were getting shakier and shakier with every syllable he spoke. "A girl, Eri, has been held hostage and used to make quirk-erasing bullets which is a great threat to heroes altogether." He inhaled sharply. He parted his lips to continue, but he couldn't speak.

He couldn't say it. He just couldn't.

The room was silent. Uraraka, Tsuyu, and Midoriya were filled with wracking anxiety. Todoroki, Jirou, Bakugou, and Kaminari were on the edge of their seats awaiting the information.

"They took (Y/N) too..." Kirishima mumbled quietly.

Kaminari's eyes widened massively. "What?! Kirishima-" He placed a hard grip on Kirishima's shoulder. "What are you talking about? Who took her? Where is she?!"

"I don't know!" Kirishima snapped. He threw himself out of his chair and aggressively stood. All eyes were on him. "(Y/N) was taken by these people and they're gonna use her to make bullets just like Eri! And I don't know where she is! Or how to get her back! First, it was the marble! And now this! I don't understand but I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through right now!" Tears were streaming down his face. "They could be experimenting on her this very minute and I can't do anything! I'm just sitting here waiting for instructions! And it's not like when Bakugou was kidnapped!" Bakugou tensed at his mention. "She's being held by drug lords and murderers! Not like The League of Villains that wanted to make Bakugou a villain! If we just bust in there they're just gonna kill her and leave her in their place whilst they run!" He was panting and heaving once he was done, sniffling and crying excessively.

"Kirishima..." Uraraka panicked, rushing towards him and wrapping her arms around him with her own tears running down her cheeks. "We're gonna save her... No matter what."

Todoroki stared at the table with a cold gaze, his heart beating rapidly as he evaluated the heavy information he had just absorbed.

The room felt tense and uncomfortable. No one knew what to say nor what to do. For a good few minutes, the dorms were silent.

"Kirishima." Todoroki suddenly said. "I'm sorry. This is gonna hurt. And... You should know that you're allowed to feel bad. I'm sorry."

Kirishima weirdly felt better at the sentiment. No amount of advice would help him at that moment because there was nothing he could do to ease himself from the overwhelming worry that consumed him. But the fact that it was made known that he wasn't the only one hurting... It made him feel a little less alone.

"Don't be sorry, Todoroki..." Kirishima sniffled. "Thank you for saying that." He strained a smile to the dual-haired boy.

"You're not alone, I promise." Tsuyu smiled, placing a hand on the shoulder of the red-head.

Kirishima nodded slowly.

"And it's not just us, you know," Midoriya added. "The heroes are looking for her too. And it's not as if it will take weeks. They know how important this is and how fast they need to do it. We'll get there in no time."

"Thanks, guys."