|| Chapter Forty Seven ||

(Y/N) didn't find herself sleeping, but passing out due to the substance within her taking over her brain and strangling her sense of reality into nothing but a mindless lump of exhaustion. She lay still in the perfectly squared room for just little under three hours before she was awoken by the light above her flashing immensely sending sparks of stabbing aches in her brain. She let out a loud cough followed by slightly quieter coughs, her throat scratchy and sore. At least she made some sort of noise now. However, her limbs were still immobile and bound. The light continued to flash well after she had fully awoken. She could not move away so her next best defence was to just squeeze her eyes shut. The intense flashing finally stopped once the door of the room was opened.

In walked a stranger in the same hazmat suit as the doctors. Whether it was one of the four from a few hours prior or someone new entirely was unknown. (Y/N) finally allowed her eyes to open and relax once the relentless light had ceased, her eyes half-lidded and exhausted. A hand grabbed a fistful of her shirt and pulled her upright. She let out a shriek of surprise because she hadn't noticed someone else was in the room, too fixated on her own pained self. Her head fell forward as a result of the momentum of the yank, her muscles unable to pull her head back up. The stranger picked (Y/N)'s head up by a finger under her chin and stared into her terror-filled eyes that stared back at her own reflection on the black screen.

(Y/N) gaped at her darkened appearance, seeing her own dishevelled self shocking her more than it should have given the situation. The stranger smirked beneath the screen, pulled their arm back, and socked (Y/N) across the temple, knocking her to the ground. Dizziness overwhelmed her brain as she smacked onto the ground with a splash. She choked on the water as some landed in her open mouth, coughing out a mixture of dirtied water, blood, and bile. She cried at the sight of her own insides spilling onto the ground, congealing with the freezing water and mixing with it entirely. She wanted to gag at the horrible sight and the thought of having to sit in it, but her mind was quickly occupied as the stranger bent down and grabbed her by the back of her neck like a cat picking up its kitten. She was dragged out of the room.

The corridor was lit much more than her secluded prison which caused her to scrunch her face up to shield her gaze once again just like she had done when she first awoke. The floor beneath her was a smooth clean concrete which allowed her to slide across it with no obstruction or obstacle. However, despite this, her bare legs still burned as they rubbed on the ground, her skin sensitive. The walls were pure white, the same white as her room. They were so white that the light bounced off them and made (Y/N)'s brain feel foggy and overwhelmed. (Y/N)'s breathing was shallow and loud, her lungs aching with every breath she took. She tried to regulate her breaths but all she could do was wheeze.

She was now able to see that she was no longer in her hero costume. Her gadgets had been confiscated. Her clothing had been changed into a white, although dirty, hospital gown, which was soaked with blood and water. It clung to her skin uncomfortably.