|| Chapter Three ||

(Y/N) yawned as she opened her eyes, only to squeeze them back shut as a headache suddenly surfaced and a spur of pain spiralled into her brain. She hissed through her teeth, attempting to slip out of her bed but to no avail. She was overwhelmed with a spur of exhaustion. She couldn't get up despite having slept for a healthy nine hours that night and various other nights prior. Her eyes were half-lidded, her lips cracked immensely. She sweat greatly. Her breathing was heavy and damp. She struggled to open her mouth to speak. She gulped but winced at the feeling as her dry throat scraped against itself.

"N-Noah..." She croaked, her voice sore and dry. Her eyes searched the room but couldn't see her brother. She didn't have the energy to move to her head. "Noah..." She called again in an attempt to get a little louder, but her low volume still remained the same. Just the one simple word had left her in a panting mess. Her lungs worked overtime, inflating and deflating at a rapid pace.

Even then, it seemed that her barely older brother was not in the room which meant (Y/N) was by herself, coughing and wheezing with no assistance at all.

"Where's (Y/N)? She should be down by now." Little Ozuru commented as he ate his cereal, "Isn't she going to that school tomorrow, she should be training." He noted with a determined look.

"You're right..." Noah hummed to himself in suspicion. He looked at the stairs with narrowed eyes. "I'll go check on her." He assured, rising from his seat and nodding to the little boy.

"No, that's fine, Noah," Ozuru said with a cute smile, having just finished his Coco Pops. "You're still eating, I'll get her up." He declared before running up the stairs with a giggle, not allowing Noah to respond.

The blue-haired boy stumbled up the stairs hastily, ready to fulfil his mission. His eyebrows were furrowed and his fists were clenched, his lips protruding outwards in an adorable pout. His piercing pink eyes were scanning the hall as he tiptoed past the various other doors before reaching the culprit's room.

He breathed in and out smoothly, ready to combat anything that would come his way to wake up his "sister". He shook the nerves from his body by aggressively swinging his limbs from side to side before dramatically kicking the door (which didn't move that much in all honesty) and chopping the air as if imitating a ninja.

"(Y/N) get up- OH MY GOD YOU'RE DYING!" He screeched like a madman as his eyes caught her wheezing state. His defensive stance vanished just as quickly as he had jumped into it. "(Y/N)'S DEAD!"

"No..." She smiled lightly before falling into a coughing fit because of the dryness in her throat.

"SHE ONLY HAS MOMENTS LEFT! (Y/N), DON'T LEAVE ME!" He wailed, falling to his knees next to her bed. He grasped her hand swiftly, squeezing it tightly.

"She's what?!" A particular brown-haired boy shrieked as he slammed the door open, his eyes staring at his confused sister who was breathing deeply and sweating profusely, her dead (E/C) eyes begging for help - but Noah was no help at all. "Oh no, (Y/N)! Please! Not now! You've got so much life left! Please don't leave me!" He wept. He fell to his knees in much the same way as Ozuru, grabbing onto her arm and leaning his forehead against it.