|| Chapter Forty Five ||

"Kirishima... Please don't cry..." Tsuyu mumbled, her hand laying gently on the said boy's back as he leaned over and wept. His cries were the loudest of them all, although he wasn't the only one shedding tears.

Uraraka sat with her fists clenched on her neck, her head dropped downward and dripping tears onto her skirt.

Midoriya stared into the air with a blurry, teary gaze.

"She's right." A deep voice shakily whispered. "There's no use in crying."

"Tokoyami?" Midoriya muttered meekly, his lip quivering slightly.

"Crying will only slow you down. Yamasaki needs us to be strong. She's counting on us to save her."

"Oh yeah?!" Kirishima snapped, tears continuing to stream down his cheeks. "I bet she was counting on you too when she was falling to her death!"

"Kirishima-" Tsuyu attempted.

"Who do you think you are to tell me not to cry! I deserve to cry! My best friend could be dead! Do you not understand that?!" Kirishima fumed, his fists tight and trembling.

"My apologies," Tokoyami mumbled, newly formed tears making an appearance despite his statement.

"No... I'm sorry." Kirishima sniffed. "I shouldn't have snapped."

"Feels like a funeral in here." A low voice interrupted the sentimental moment.

"Aizawa!" Uraraka exclaimed. "Did you know about this?" Her voice was helpless and weak.

"I told you, I was just called in-"

"Did you know about (Y/N)?" Kirishima asked meekly, his gaze falling onto Aizawa with a saddened look.

Aizawa's frown deepened. He did not respond.

"How could you not tell us?" Midoriya whispered.

"I don't know how you expect me to phrase something like that," Aizawa responded bitterly.

The room was silent for a moment.

"You know, before you all got involved in this, I was going to recommend that your work studies be suspended," Aizawa spoke again, sighing.

"What?" Tsuyu mirrored. "Why?"

Everyone was attentive.

"Weren't you listening? The League of Villains is involved. That changes things."

Kirishima bit his bottom lip so harshly that blood began to pool from the split of flesh. His whole body shook but he pushed through as he forcefully pushed himself out of his chair and stared into Aizawa's deep stern eyes. "I understand that, Sir. But (Y/N) is gone! And so is this girl! We will do everything in our power to save them, with or without your permission."

Aizawa's face didn't change, but his perspective did. "I didn't say I was going to stop you." He stated. "I trust that you guys can take care of yourselves."

Uraraka pouted in awe. "Aizawa!"

"Call me Eraser Head outside of school." He shut down instantly. But his words didn't dampen their determined spirits.