|| Chapter Twenty Two ||

The days went by quickly for (Y/N). The training was vigorous but insanely helpful. She learned new techniques and skills that she was excited to show her friends and flex in battle. And before she even knew it, she was standing in the same field they trained in every day for her very last training session with Refraction.

(Y/N) still had yet to master the thing she wanted to achieve from her very first day as a trainee at Refraction's hero agency. She had desperately tried to trigger it, so much so that she hadn't been concentrating on the other aspects of her quirk such as defence and tactics which had resulted in her getting hurt time and time again while searching for her hidden power that never seemed to make an appearance. As the days passed by, she slowly began to lose confidence in herself and thought maybe Refraction had been wrong about her quirk and her big revelation was simply flawed hope.

"I'm gonna miss you guys." Refraction smiled sadly. "This week has just flown by and I can see you both have improved greatly. And I sincerely can't wait to see you guys grow into pro heroes." Both (Y/N) and Inasa smiled back with the same amount of disappointed sadness. "But today is your last day and I want to push you one last time. So, for today, I'd love for you both to fight each other. You have been honing your skills to fight my quirk but no villain will have the same quirk, fighting style, and attacks as me. You must become accustomed to all types of opponents although there is no possible way to prepare for every single villain that comes your way. You must learn to adapt. You both know each other's quirks to a certain extent so this will be easier than a completely blind fight. I sometimes forget you are only first years. You both have impeccable skill that is very rare in young up-and-coming heroes. I know I have been hard this week, and I will not cease for the last day. Give it your last and final push!"

(Y/N) and Yoarashi nodded firmly, nerves building and building with every passing second.

"But of course, every great hero needs a warm-up!" The pro-hero smiled mischievously. "For nostalgic reasons, I would love five laps to the tree and back."

The girl of the two bit back a groan, Yoarashi did not try to hide his. Refraction was not phased and simply waited for them to start. (Y/N) immediately began to run, wanting to get it over and done with as soon as possible. The week had been draining, and she was absolutely exhausted. The quicker she got through her last day of training, the quicker she could get on that train and head straight into her lovely bed. Yoarashi protested futilely before chasing after (Y/N).

He heaved a heavy breath before speaking. "It's been great getting to know you, Yamasaki! I hope we get to work as heroes together one day!" He commented nicely.

(Y/N) grinned largely at his words. "Thanks-"

"But know for now that I will defeat you." His tone was stern and determined.

(Y/N)'s eyes widened and she smiled nervously that did not meet her shocked yet slightly amused gaze. "Beginning to sound like Todoroki." She chuckled followed by a forced cough.