|| Chapter Nine ||

(Y/N) carefully squeezed past the immensely packed cluster of students from various years that clogged the corridor leading to the lunch hall. She would never understand why people insisted on stopping in the middle of hallways and at thresholds when it was clearly in the way of others. She felt her nerves being pricked as she tried to (as politely as she could) push past a large group of boys at the very centre of the threshold of the door of the lunch hall, blocking the way for her and many others trying to pass. She gulped and hastily forced herself into the lunch hall to which she was met with a whole new cluster of students. A long line formed itself at Lunch Rush's station, grabbing food and placing themselves on the large number of tables scattered across the abnormally wide room - no surprise with its size considering it was UA.

Just as she was about to join the queue, a body that was not unfamiliar to her lodged itself in her way. "Midoriya?" She smiled awkwardly, her brows furrowed as she stared at the boy who looked rather bright.

"Yamasaki, I was hoping to talk about your quirk... Like we said yesterday?" He tentatively asked.

"Oh! Yeah sure." She smiled nicely. "Where's your table?" She ignored the hungry feeling in her stomach. By the time she'd reach the front of the queue, lunch would be over.

"Over here." Midoriya led her to his table along with Uraraka, Iida, and Todoroki. "Guys, can Yamasaki sit with us? I wanna talk about her quirk."

"Of course, she can!" Uraraka beamed largely, standing and gesturing to the seat next to her. (Y/N) gracefully accepted and sat next to the vibrant brunette, opposite Midoriya.

"What kind of Class Rep would I be if I denied a classmate a seat at my table!" Iida announced formally. (Y/N) thanked him with a laugh, repaying his formality with a small bow of her head.

Todoroki said nothing. His facial expression did not seem distasted at the idea so (Y/N) assumed he had no problem with it - or rather she hoped he had no problem with it.

"Thanks, guys." (Y/N) smiled.

"Oh c'mon! Why is she sitting at their table?!" Kaminari wailed dramatically as he stared at (Y/N) conversing with Midoriya, Iida, and Uraraka with a cute smile on her face.

"'Cause they asked her to," Sero answered nonchalantly, raising a brow at his blonde friend in confusion.

"But-"

"Would you stop complaining, you brat!" Bakugou hissed harshly.

Kaminari let out a pained whimper as he sank into his seat.

"Does someone have a crush~?" Mina sang with a giggle, looking over to (Y/N) and smiling naturally.

"What?! No!" Kaminari panicked, mirroring Midoriya's typical gestures and waving his arms around.

Kirishima let out a chuckle, side-eyeing the (H/C) just like Mina had done before bringing his gaze back to the red-faced boy. "Why don't you invite her to sit with us tomorrow? She's helping us with English again so it's not like it would be out-of-the-blue."