|| Chapter Fifteen ||

(Y/N) headed to lunch after the cavalry race, sitting with Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sero

(Y/N) headed to lunch after the cavalry race, sitting with Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sero. They spent the entirety of the time talking about the sports festival, previous years, what they had already completed, and what was to come. All four of them were to go into the next round so they were all technically competing with each other; none of them dwelled on the thought. Even with the competitive structure of the sports festival, it was not so much about winning but rather capturing the attention of hero agencies. As long as they showed off their skills, they were golden.

A few minutes before their break ended, (Y/N) headed to the bathroom to which she headed straight to the stadium afterward as the horn went while she was in there. She stepped out into the open with nothing important on her mind, just her thoughts running randomly in a weak attempt to halt her nervousness. Although the way her fingers trembled, it showed that it was not working.

However, what really caught her attention were the shocked gasps and offended gasps that met her once she was visible to everyone already in the arena. (Y/N) spun to see the entire 1A female population dressed in skimpy cheerleader outfits.

"Uh..." The girl gaped in confusion with parted lips.

Averting her eyes from all the exposed skin, she caught sight of Kaminari and Mineta whispering and giggling like creepy stalkers.

Her eyes instantly narrowed in disgust. "I just lost all respect for you, Kami." She hissed. She turned to the girls with a pitied look.

"What? Yamasaki! No!" Kaminari dramatically wailed. (Y/N) ignored him.

"Yamasaki! Why aren't you wearing a uniform?!" Uraraka shrieked, looking at (Y/N)'s UA outfit in horror.

"No one told me about it... I must've been in the bathroom." She chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck and diverting her gaze to the floor. However, contrary to what (Y/N) believed, Kaminari didn't have the heart to deceive her to dress so provocatively for his motives despite him feeling it was okay to make everyone else do it. His logic was faulty. "You look cute though! All of you!" (Y/N) forced a grin although she meant her words wholeheartedly. Every girl in 1A was undoubtedly gorgeous and (Y/N) had no problem accepting that fact.

Soon enough, Present Mic began to explain the final task.

"Oh yeah..." Kirishima awed, his eyes fixed on the screen. "Finally time to show what I'm made of."

"I watch these finals every year and now I'm actually in them! This is so exciting!" (Y/N) fangirled. She turned to Kirishima, both of them squealing like children together and relishing in the enthusiastic bliss that energised them so.

The final task was a one-on-one battle to show off quirks and fighting abilities. This would be incredibly eye-catching for hero agencies. The victors would fight the victors of other rounds till there was only one left - the ultimate victor. It was nerve-wracking.