|| Chapter Thirty Six ||

(Y/N) entered the large space that inhibited all the students that had proceeded to the next round, Monoma trailing behind her silently

(Y/N) entered the large space that inhibited all the students that had proceeded to the next round, Monoma trailing behind her silently. By now, seventy-two people had made it to the next round and the tally was increasing rapidly with every passing moment as everyone became more agitated and nervous.

The first thing (Y/N) encountered was a cluster of students just idly chatting, her eyes searching for someone she knew.

But they managed to find her first.

"(Y/N)!" Two voices sang in unison.

Kaminari and Kirishima abandoned Bakugou who was paying them no attention and raced towards (Y/N) who was standing alone in the hall. She turned and smiled at them.

"Hey, guys!" She greeted. "Glad to see you both got through!" She grinned.

They returned the gesture with two gorgeous beams of their own.

"Yeah, I had to save them two." Kaminari immediately began to boast, pointing at Kirishima and then Bakugou behind them with his thumb.

Kirishima burst into a flurry of red. "What?! No!"

"They got turned into meatballs and I got them out of it." Kaminari giggled.

(Y/N)'s brows furrowed as her eyes narrowed. She pulled a slight face. "Wha- What? Meatballs?"

"That's not important." Kirishima shoved Kaminari out of (Y/N)'s peripheral vision so he was her sole attention holder. "The point is, we all made it through."

(Y/N) smiled. "You're right."

The three continued to talk conversationally for just another ten minutes before the hundredth person got through, ending the first match.

"There you guys are!" A chirpy voice interrupted. "We finally found you! That means everyone in 1A got through to the second round!" Uraraka cheered.

(Y/N) grinned. "That's great!"

"Yes, it's spectacular, isn't it?" A voice slithered its way into the conversation. "Yamasaki and I escaped through the skin of our teeth, did we not?" Monoma smirked.

Uraraka pulled a confused face. Kirishima, an irritated one. Kaminari, a disgusted one. And (Y/N), a slightly amused one.

No one had the chance to answer as the host began to speak again, explaining the second and final assessment to guarantee their Provisional Hero Licences.

"Please, will all students proceeding to the next round, direct your attention to the screens." The tired, low voice murmured in clear exhaustion.

Before their very eyes, the arena around them was bulldozed and turned into a disaster zone, with toppled buildings and concrete craters.

"This test is a rescue operation." The speaker spoke. "There is more to being a hero than fighting villains. There are people to save. You must save the people from the disaster in order to gain points and secure a Provisional Hero License."