|| Chapter Twenty Six ||

(Y/N) stepped off the train after having been dismissed by Recovery Girl

(Y/N) stepped off the train after having been dismissed by Recovery Girl. The burns were still prominent on her skin but were fading away at supreme paces thanks to Recovery Girl's quirk. All (Y/N) wanted to do was get home and hug Masako and relieve the pain that had been sizzling on her skin ever since her battle with Endeavor.

She couldn't get it out of her mind. But it wasn't the battle itself that was imprinted in her brain, it was what had occurred afterward. Endeavor had safely carried (Y/N) out of the arena where Aizawa awaited them. The pro-hero could feel the girl squirming due to the pain that was soaring through her and was determined to ease the agony as soon as possible. She did deserve it after her victory. The rest of Class 1A also came out to meet (Y/N) along with Aizawa, every single one of them bearing a worried face despite some trying to look disinterested.

Todoroki stared at his friend in his father's arms and couldn't help but feel nauseous at the sight. Midoriya glanced at the dual-haired boy nervously.

"I shall take her to Recovery Girl's office, Eraserhead." Endeavour declared firmly. "No need to worry."

"Alright." Aizawa's tone was sceptical but he made no effort to get in the way of Endeavor's objective.

The number two hero of Japan proceeded to do as he had promised and carried (Y/N) all the way to UA and into Recovery Girl's office where the nurse did her magic work. Endeavor did not leave, however. He sat down in the corner and waited patiently for (Y/N) to be finished. He wished to speak with her before he left UA altogether.

Recovery Girl respectfully exited her office once she had finished using her quirk and applying various ointments and lotions onto (Y/N)'s burns to speed up the healing process and ease the pain.

(Y/N) felt increasingly uncomfortable with Endeavor's gaze trained on her. She gulped thickly, gathering the courage before muttering; "Thank you for carrying me."

Endeavour replied with little facial expression but his tone seemed sincere. "I couldn't let you walk alone with all you have endured." (Y/N) nodded slowly. She had no idea what to say. Thankfully, Endeavour spoke for her. "I'd like to ask why you declined my internship offer."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened slightly. She certainly wasn't going to tell him that his son had told her not to. So she said what she had told everyone else. "My family wanted me to travel." She muttered unconfidently.

"And why is that?" He interrogated.

"I'm not sure." (Y/N) chuckled awkwardly.

There was a slight pause before he spoke again. "I see you and my son are rather close?"

"I'm sorry?"

"You and he have been together after school."

(Y/N) was under the impression that Endeavor was unaware of (Y/N)'s tutoring due to Todoroki's distaste of his father but perhaps she was wrong. "...Yes." She forced.