|| Chapter Fourteen ||

(Y/N) wandered through the crowd helplessly, her eyes searching for someone or a group that would be willing to take her in

(Y/N) wandered through the crowd helplessly, her eyes searching for someone or a group that would be willing to take her in. Considering she scored so lowly in the obstacle course, no one had any faith in her and headed straight towards the higher ranking students that would score them a victory and give them the attention all the UA students desired. As well as her seemingly weak fighting skills, (Y/N) had little to no social skills seeing as she grew up solely talking to her brother. This meant asking random strangers to be on her team was wildly difficult. With one half of her mind screaming at her to get over her fears and ask someone and the other pleading for her not to embarrass herself, her mind was being beaten by a headache.

(Y/N) turned to see the vibrant blonde classmate - one of two she felt comfortable asking to be part of a team. She plastered on a semi-confident smile and jogged over to Kaminari, tapping him on the shoulder to grab his attention. "Kami?" She hesitantly said, hoping the use of the nickname would make her seem more easy-going than what she was really feeling which was suffocating anxiety.

"Oh, Yamasaki!" He greeted her with a large smile once he noticed the girl. "What's up?" His down-to-earth attitude was envious.

"Um... Do you want to team up?" (Y/N) shyly questioned, finally raising her gaze to meet his.

(Y/N)'s pretty (E/C) eyes, full of nervousness and fear, were almost enough to persuade him to team up but; "I'm sorry, I already have a team..." He frowned.

"Oh..." She smiled sadly, bowing her head politely. "No worries." She assured.

She stepped away from her friend and was left with no options once again. She desperately wished she wasn't so awkward. She wished she was witty, smart, and comfortable in a situation such as this one. Pro-heroes needed to be able to socialise with other people to pursue their jobs but now that (Y/N) found herself unable to say anything when her career depended on it, she was scared that this wasn't the right route - that she wasn't cut out for something so far from her comfort zone. Because of Kaminari's rejection, she now felt disheartened and unsure whether to ask Kirishima - he probably had a group too.

Thankfully she didn't need to ask, because he had already taken the initiative; "Yamasaki!" The redhead grasped her attention, grasping the (H/C)'s hand and squeezing it comfortably.

"Hm?" She hummed, having no problem with the contact that Kirishima often pursued (she also lived with lots of little children so being grabbed was not a foreign feeling). She stared into his ruby-red eyes with a raised brow. Hope filled her heart. She needed to find a team quickly or she would be left behind.

"Wanna join our team?" He pondered, subtly pulling her towards his teammates who were waiting for him to fish out a last teammate.

"Our?" She questioned.

Kirishima provided no response and just continued to drag her towards the duo that waited impatiently for him. (Y/N) felt nervous, paired with the feeling of uselessness. Her confidence had dipped due to her placing in the obstacle course and she really wanted to prove herself.