29

The cold air dried Jungkook's eyes as he stared blankly into the city. He leaned over the balcony rails, exhaling the deep breath he had been holding for years. Today, he would finally tell his father he wanted something different. He didn't want to be the cold business leader, feared by all people living. Jungkook wouldn't care what his father said, supporting him or not, Jungkook wanted a different life and he would stop at nothing to start it.

"It's beautiful isn't it Kook?" His fathers dull voice spoke, resting a hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"From up here, the wind really clears your mind." Jungkook spoke softly, his father chuckling at his words.

"When you take my place, you'll experience this everyday Kook." His father spoke proudly.

Jungkook's smile slowly fell as he turned to face his father. Slowly gazing up, he met his eyes, his fathers cold, drained, CEO eyes. Jungkook shuddered, a tear slowly making its way down Jungkook's cheek.

"Kook, the air is drying your eyes, let's get back Inside." His father announced, shuffling to the door.

Jungkook quickly gripped his hand, preventing him from going inside.

"Appa, I need to tell you something." Jungkook whispered, not meeting his fathers confused eyes.

"Is that you're gay? Jungkook i've known that since you exited the womb." His father teased, though Jungkook didn't go red and laugh.

He stayed there, looking down, a serious expression coating his face.

"I don't want this." He spoke plainly.

His fathers looked at him as he slowly raised his hand, meeting Jungkook's cheek. Jungkook Jungkook strangely looked up, confused. Though his confusion was quickly replaced when darkness overtook his fathers eyes, and his hand retracted back, landing harshly against Jungkook's cheek. Jungkook jerked to the floor, holding the spot in which his father struck him.

"You don't get it, do you boy?" His father spat bitterly. Leaning down to Jungkook's place on the cold ground. The wind echoed through Jungkook's ears as his head was pulled back by a strong grip onto his hair.

"You are not here to want, you're here to do. And you will only do what I desire." His father chuckled, lifting Jungkook back to his feet.

"And if you choose not to do as I say-" He began, turning Jungkook to face the ledge of the balcony.

"You're better off dead." He finished.

Jungkook stayed silent, allowing the wind to blow through his hair, drying his tears, or what was left of them.

"What do you say boy? Do you wanna take the leap? Leave all this to Jin." His father chastised, increasing the harsh grip he held on his sons hair.

Death crossed through Jungkook's mind, would it be so bad? He gulped, realizing saying yes to his fathers dark question would do nothing for the boy. His yes would be ignored as it meant nothing in his fathers eyes, and he'd return to being pushed around and degraded. Though this time, it would be with regret for having such a useless son.

"If you're thinking boy, it better be of the correct answer." His father clicked his tongue.

"Appa I want this, all of it." Jungkook stated, his voice lacking any source of uneasiness.

His father smiled proudly, "Get back into the office then."

Jungkook shuffled slowly back to the door as his hand was suddenly grabbed.

"This topic will never come back up boy, because then the wind will be the only thing supporting you from falling." His father spoke with a sinister smile.

"Never again appa, never again."