Chapter 26

Remington and his brothers invited me and some of our friends to spend the weekend in LA with him and his band. They paid for our flight - first-class, I should mention - and met us at the airport. I was so happy to see him again and so was he, he held me so tight in his arms when he found me at the airport and wanted to kiss me a million times, but I stopped him so we wouldn't be disrespectful in public. Then he and his brothers took me and the rest of us girls back to the hotel where some musicians they've met through the label invited them to have a pool party on the roof of the building, no expense. I was already so proud of Rem and his band, and it was so nice of him to let all of us come so we'd know we were still on their minds. I knew deep in my heart no matter how big the band may get, their hearts will never change.

Del told us that the boys were buying our outfits for the party - which included bathing suits (obviously) - and she volunteered to take us to the shop in the lobby to find each of ours. When we got there, the selections were much more varied than when we went to that other hotel near the beach. God, I still remember how insecure and self-conscious I was about my image and look, but now I'm not as insecure anymore and I was actually excited this time to find the right outfit for me. These swimsuits seemed to expose a bit more skin than I remember, and I wasn't sure I wanted to give off that impression at the party. Still, I wanted to look pretty for myself and a little for Rem. Oh boy, just the thought of him seeing me in one of these outfits made my face flush more than I needed it to right now. Then I found the perfect one that fit best and looked so cute on me when I showed all the girls. I was so excited then.

When it was time for the party at night, the boys said they would meet us on the roof and so us girls traveled up the elevator with our cover-ups and all, and I felt happy to be here with almost everyone I love

When it was time for the party at night, the boys said they would meet us on the roof and so us girls traveled up the elevator with our cover-ups and all, and I felt happy to be here with almost everyone I love. We got off the elevator and walked up the steps that led to the roof entrance and when we got up there, we found a large group of people hanging out around a large pool, some of them standing around and the rest inside the water. We walked closer and I spotted Sebastian and Andrew already having a beer in their hads, the men were mostly wearing swim trunks. "Hey, ladies!", Andrew exclaimed in his classic, enthusiastic way, "Happy you could make it! It's just getting started here, woo!" I giggled a little before I searched for Rem here and couldn't see him anywhere. Then a figure started to climb out of the water and I felt my heart beat faster to see Remington stand on the edge of the pool, the droplets of water glittering on his tattoo-littered skin and his hair adorably flat.

The sight made me blush to a certain degree, deepening as Rem locked eyes on mine and he looked floored to see me in my new swimsuit, a grin grew across his mouth as he inched closer to me and traveled his eyes up and down my figure. He shook in head in disbelief, "Ma chérie, you-you look so...ravishing." I turned away and wished for my blush to disappear, but it was too late when Rem picked me up and carried me to the pool, I squealed loudly as he threw us both into the water and then swam back up as he laughed at my demise and I splashed water at him and he did the same. After a while, we stopped and I got closer to him and snuggled up next to him as we relaxed near the shallow end of the pool. The lead singer of Dante's Inferno, Holden Jennings, raised his glass for Palaye as he exclaimed in pride, "CONGRATS TO PALAYE ROYALE FOR BEING ON THEIR WAY TO BECOMING THE NEXT BIG THING!!!", Everyone cheered for the boys' initial success and we toasted with shots, small drinks and desserts to celebrate with. I didn't get too many drinks, but Sebastian obviously did, and so did Zion who finished out the Martini tray.