Chapter 63

When I got back to school next week, it was harder than usual to focus on my classes. The reason is way too embarrassing to reveal. Ever since I made love with Remington for the first time, I couldn't stop thinking about it and it became a distraction at certain times. I just couldn't get over how good it all felt physically and emotionally, and the look in Remington's eyes as he expressed his love to me in the way he's wanted to for so long. I am so glad we didn't plan it because I doubt it wouldn't be as special as it felt. My entire life, I never believed I would be desired by any boy because I didn't believe there was anything about me to desire. My past experiences trying to find love left me extremely cautious and guarded, untrusting of anyone who attempted to get close as I believed they would only hurt me in the end. But when I met Remington, he showed me that he'd rather be the one to get hurt instead of me. I never thought anyone would do that for me and to know he would give up everything for me so easily, I couldn't ignore him any longer. I'm so grateful I have him in my life.

Meanwhile, when I'm not gushing over how much Remington means to me, I've been getting more issues with my Public Speaking professor who keeps trying to fail me and defer me from progressing in the class. At this point, it was very annoying to deal with any longer and if he didn't stop soon, I would do something about it. Before my next class started, I asked my professor if I could switch seats either someone else and when they asked why, I made up a reason so I wouldn't have to explain that I did not want to be within 2 feet of Finn. They did so, and now I sit much closer to the board and far from where Finn was sitting to the point I didn't even have him in my peripheral vision anymore. When the class was over, Finn tried to catch up with me and apologize again, "Carina? Can I just say I'm still really sorry for what I did? I never meant to‐" I turned to push him away from me and cut him off, "Save your excuses, Finn. We're done. You've never even tried to understand me as soon as you found me here and that says a lot about what you think of me now. Well, guess what? I don't give a shit because I'm very happy without you. Have a nice life!"

He stopped following then and I felt relieved that he got the message. I'm sure one day I'll have to forgive him, but it still hurt what he did to me and I can't even stand to be close to him. I never felt betrayal like this in so long, and it was much worse because it was by someone I've known for the longest time and believed was a good person. But this time was different because I'm not alone this time to deal with my pain. I have my friends here and Remington, and just knowing that they would help me cope with this heartbreak brought me comfort. Thinking back to my last confrontation with my parents, it made me furious to think they had any say in my life like they could control what I do and who I see. The fact that my mother tried to shame me for choosing to stay in a home that the boy I love more than anything bought just for us, it hurt a lot in the moment. But as soon as Rem was by my side, I knew I wasn't alone anymore and her words couldn't hurt me. I hope she realizes the error of her ways someday soon.

When I went to work that day, I had to make sure I wouldn't let myself get too distracted so I could do my job well. By the end, it turned out to be busier than usual and I was pretty much sore and exhausted. God, my body aches so much and I feel so tired, I'm afraid I won't be able to stay awake once I drive back home tonight. When I was finally done around 9:00 at night, I stepped out of the store and almost didn't notice my loving and cute boyfriend with his back leaning against my car. Just seeing him smile at me as soon as his eyes met mine were enough to make my heart soar and feel happy after a hard day's work. I walked toward him and blushed as he planted a soft kiss on my cheek first then on my lips before greeting me with, "Happy to see you, ma chérie. You look like you've had a long day." I nodded and rested my head on his chest as he wrapped me in a hug and kissed my hair sweetly. "I wanna go home, I'm so tired", I whined like a little kid waiting for school to be done, and he chuckled as he opened the passenger's door for me before he offered to drive me back home.

I must have almost fallen asleep in my seat because I felt my hand being squeezed by Remington when he stopped at a stoplight, and then he turned to me and suggested, "Why don't you lay down and rest in the backseat, Carina? I wouldn't want you to have your neck so sore if you slept there." I glanced at the backseat then at Rem again before I smiled at him and kissed his cheek before telling him, "You're so considerate, that's why I love you so much." He grinned and then waited until I moved to lie down in the backseat of the car and rest my eyes a little longer as he continued to drive me back home, the small bumps and turns only slightly keeping me alert. When we finally arrived back at our house, Remington climbed out first and I was about to climb out and walk, but I was suddenly being carried in his arms as he swooped me from the ground and walking us to the front door. When I gave him a confused look, he shrugged as if it was obvious and stated, "Well, I know your feet are sore, I'm just trying to be helpful by being your legs." That made me giggle and he carried me inside the house and up the stairs where he finally put me down as he laid me on our bed gently.

I was about to try to relax before going to sleep, but I was so sore, I almost couldn't. I felt something rubbing my feet and I sat up to find Remington massaging my feet to relieve the stress from them. It honestly warmed my heart to see him act so thoughtful of me and I loved him even more in that moment. "Rem, you didn't have to do that", I told him, feeling a little guilty that I might take advantage of his kindness, but he shook his head and reassured me, "I wanted to, my angel. I want to show that I appreciate when you work so hard and you try your best at everything you do, and that I will be here to take care of you when you are done for the day." That brought a few tears to my eyes and I wiped them away before laying back on my bed and feeling so good as his hands managed to make the stress in my body melt away. The last thing I expected though was for him to start pressing his lips on my feet then trailing up my leg, the sensation of his kisses filling up my senses a little.

Then he climbed more onto the bed to hover over me and gaze deeply into my eyes which were already making me nervous. He gave me a devilish grin before slowly removing his shirt and wrapping an arm under me, pulling me closer to him. He used his other hand to hold my cheek gently in his palm and stroke my cheek with his thumb before slowly leaning his lips into mine and kissing me slightly passionately. I was gentle at first, but soon grew more hungry for his love and greedy of his embrace as I pulled him as close to me as possible and kissed him repeatedly. "You're so beautiful, ma chérie", he whispered in between his kisses and it made me smile everytime as he made my heart race more with every touch and my body crave for his warm embrace. After a while, he pulled away and we were both breathless as he laid on his back on the bed and pulled me closer to sleep with my head on his shoulder. I planted a soft kiss on his family crest tattoo before telling him, "Goodnight, Remington, thank you for everything tonight." He kissed my hand and replied with, "Of course, my love. Goodnight", before we finally fell asleep in each other's arms.