Chapter 78

Meanwhile in the U.K...(Portia's POV)

It had been a few weeks since I returned from visiting America for a short while, but it was nice to be back home with my friends and family. Everyone at school was wondering how my trip was and if America was as cool and interesting as they thought. I told them all about my time being there to visit some distant relatives but at the same time, discovering new things I could never find here. Such as the new rock n' roll band that I have become obsessed with ever since I heard them on the radio one day. As soon as I learned more about Palaye Royale and the fact that they were releasing their very first record while I was still there, I took the opportunity to attend their release event at a local record store in Los Angeles, California. They were not only talented and attractive, but also the sweetest trio of brothers that were so genuinely happy to be playing music for their fans. I bought an extra copy of their record to give to my closest friend, Winifred, who loves American music more than most I know.

When we listened to the record together for the first time, we couldn't believe how unbelievably talented these guys were and how it's almost an entire experience to listen to their music. She asked me about them since I met them when I bought our record and I told her, "The sweetest and most beautiful boys you might ever encounter in your life. You can tell they really love what they're doing and they're not doing it for fame and fortune." She sighed and smiled as we listened to the last track playing, "Cementaries No. 02 (Dreams Of Lieseil)". Winifred commented, "I wished the radio stations here in the U.K. would play their music more, then everyone would hear them and they'd gain so many more fans." I nodded and agreed, "Me too. It might be years before we get to hear Palaye here, or even see them here. That will be the greatest day ever."

One day during school, I brought a few of my records to play in a basement underneath the school where kids go to hang out and play their own music on a record player. I didn't realize it at the time, but while I was in a rush to get to school on time, I didn't realize that I also brought my Palaye vinyl record with me along with the other records. I usually leave it at home because me and Winifred, as far as I know, have the only copies in the U.K. since I've never seem Palaye's record on the shelves of music stores. When school was over and I got a chance to put on one of my records, I pulled out the first one I reached for in my backpack without even looking and handed it to the person playing the vinyl records on their record players. After waiting for the music to play, I didn't pay much attention until the starting notes of "The Underground" began playing and I realized my Palaye record was being played. The students who were around and listening to the music were confused at first since they've never heard Palaye, but it didn't take too long for everyone here to begin enjoying the music.

They were commenting on how amazing the music sounded and it was unlike anything they've ever heard before. When I was pointed out to be the owner of the vinyl currently playing, I was flooded by curious individuals who wanted to know more about the band whose record was playing and if they had any more music like iI. One at a time, I answered their questions and explained to them about how I discovered Palaye back in the States and what it was like to meet them in person. They began to show interest in Palaye Royale and made arrangements to purchase their own copy of "The Ends Beginning" even if it was only sold overseas. In a matter of days, almost everyone had a copy of Palaye's newest record while others, including myself, got their own copy of the band's first single, "Morning Light". At first, the entire school was talking about Palaye Royale, then the town, then throughout the U.K., and soon enough, all of Europe couldn't get enough of the breakout rock band based in the United States. Little did I know that the excitement and trend over this small band would be enough to reach the States and by definition, Palaye Royale themselves.