[14] The Dream of a Memory

[Another teen boy with a green tie opens the door. "We have to go, now!"  The two teenage boys and I are running away from the orphanage. We were about 10 minutes away. When I look up at the sky. A fast moving star? Then Nagito shouted "RUN!"]

[Kokichi's POV]

Nagito grabbed my hand and gave me a warm smile while running a little faster. At this point I'm being dragged, and I'm just trying to keep up. "Hajime we have to hide!" I look up at the sky once more. They weren't stars. They were helicopters, lots of them. Are they looking for me like Nagito said? The boy named Hajime started running towards a forest, and we followed close behind. Nagito looked back at me. "I'm going to have to carry you. I promise you'll be ok." I didn't know what else to do, so I just nodded my head. We both stopped and he picked me up bridal style.

We entered the forest and the boys started running faster. I closed my eyes, telling myself everything will be ok, and that this was a dream. Minutes continue to pass with my eyes still closed. "In here!" I open my eyes and notice Hajime pointing at a rock. I get confused, then he pulls out a key. I'm more confused then ever. He puts the key into a keyhole camouflaged by some plants and a trap door opens from on the floor. Nagito puts me down. "Please get in, this will keep you from being found." I didn't care anymore, so I went in and climbed a ladder down.

I turned around and noticed a fair sized room. The floors and walls were dirt, and their were 2 blankets on the floor. The teenage boys both came down the ladder as well. Hajime had then pressed a button and the trapdoor tightly closed. Nagito walked in front of me and kneeled down. "Hey, I still don't know your name?" I looked at him and started shaking. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." "M-my na.. name is K-kokichi.." "What a beautiful name Kokichi. I'm Nagito Komaeda." He then points towards the other boy. "That's Hajime Hinata, my best pal. We're both 16, how old are you?"

I keep asking myself if he's really my brother, and if his story was actually true. I mean we both look so different. "P-prove the story.." He sighs. "Still not sure I see, well then." He pulls out a picture, a woman, a man, and 2 small children. "Who are t-they?" "That's our mother, our father, that's your big bro, and that's you..." I look at his hair. In the photo he has black hair, but here. It's white. "Ah, so your confused about the hair. I had to dye my hair and change my clothes to come and rescue you." He can't be lying in the photo it's still the same hairstyle. But is that really me? It looked like the photo was rushed to be taken, but why?

[Nagito's POV]

"When will w-we be able to g-go home big bro?" I have to lie to him, we can't go home. Our parents will literally kill me. The helicopters are here to look for me, not Kokichi. I've been watching Kokichi for some time, but my parents wanted me to stay completely away from him. We got into an argument and I ran out of their mansion. Me and Hajime had been making a plan to get Kokichi out for some time. Where we are now, me and Hajime built it as kids. Are parents never really paid attention to us, so we built a place for ourselves. But even though my parents didn't know I was going to bust their son out, they knew I was going to get close to him.

"Big bro! You were s-spacing out.." "Oh, sorry. We'll be home soon Ko." I got up from kneeling. "Come with my Ko." He grabbed my hand and we sat on a blanket across the room. Hajime started walking towards us, but he looked hurt. "Hey, Haji. What's wrong?" "Huh, oh. It's nothing. Anyways we'll head out tomorrow night. It will be a lot safer." I checked the time on my watch, 11:00 p.m. "Looks like we have to try and sleep now." Hajime looked at me. "But Nagito, we only have two blankets." "I'll give mine to Ko, and sleep on the ground. It's fine." I say with a warm smile.

I stayed up all night until 5:00 a.m. When I woke up to screaming. I got up and notice Hajime protecting Ko from someone in a black hoodie. I grabbed a wood plank we kept as a decoration and hit the person hard. "Is everyone alright?" I didn't know what else to say. How did they get in? "Nagito we have to leave now." I nod in agreement. We grab some stuff and.

[Kokichi's POV]

Then we.. we.. I woke up from Shuichi screaming 'Ko' over and over again. "Ko, what's wrong?" "Nothing, I-I'm fine." He looked at me with both a sad and disappointing look. "How long h-have I been out for?" "A couple of hours. It's 10 a.m. currently." I look at the clock on my wall. "H-hey Shu, can I ask you for a favour?" His face turns into a bright smile. "You called me Shu! Also I'll do anything for you!" "Can I please meet with N-Nagito Komaeda?" His face turns from a bright smile to a sinister grin. "Sure."

Writer's Note
————————————————-
This was just a memory Kokichi had, and I know Nagito's parents have passed but in this story their still alive. Also I added a POV for Nagito, even though it was Kokichi's memory. I added it just to make the story more interesting.