safe place - hwang hyunjin

tw// self-harm

bring me out, come and find me in the dark now.

it all started when you were still a child, when your father had left you and your mother for his mistress. you remember yelling, tears, the loud bang of the door shutting close and retreating footsteps.

everyday by myself, i'm breaking down.

you would always tell yourself that no matter what happens, you would stand by other people's side. no matter how tough the situation they're in, you would be there for them.
but. how about you?

i don't wanna fight alone anymore.

thoughts spiraled around in your head, questions filling your mind till it just starts overflowing and you're left with no choice, no other thing to do, grabbing the blade from your bedside table and slumping down the side of your bed.

bring me out, from the prison of my own pride

it went on for years. and when you turned 18, things just started getting even worse. nightmares and constant anxiety attacks. everyday, you doubt yourself more. am i enough? am i doing things right enough to keep people happy? when. when will i be happy?

my god i need a hope i can't deny.

and then you met him.

like an angel sent down in the form of a dance major smiling like the sun, moon and all the stars combined.

hyunjin. hwang hyunjin.

in the end i'm realizing.

your eyes snap open, breathing heavily as tears continued streaming down your cheeks and onto the pillow beneath you.

your frantic gaze met with worried ones, wide and staring deep into your soul. a hand rests gently on your hip, fingers caressing the skin ever so softly while the other carefully runs through your hair.

"again?" hyunjin's soft voice fills your ears and you couldn't help but let out a quiet sob, pulling him down and burying your head on the crook of his neck.

"shh. no baby you're okay. "

his voice was soft, as if trying to lull you back to sleep. instead, you stayed awake, arms loosely wrapped around hyunjin's neck while he placed feather like kisses on your face.

"again?" you nodded, leaning in to his touch as he wiped the single tear that escaped your shining eyes.

"no. don't let it get to you."
you wished you could.

"i know it's not easy to do so, but hey."
"you know i'll be here no matter what right?" he places a gentle kiss on your forehead.

i was never meant to fight on my own.

a soft smile graced his face and he leans down, capturing your lips in a passionate kiss. he let's all emotions out in the kiss, as if telling you that you don't have to fight it alone anymore. that as long as you have him, you'll go through anything together.

soon enough, he pulls away. and a soft 'i love you' pushes past his lips before he settles beside you on the bed and pulls you close, letting you rest your head against his chest.

"you're safe here with me."

dedicating this chapter to all of you guys.

i know things are probably not so easy for all of you, i know sometimes it feels like giving up is the best thing to do but please don't give up. always remember what stray kids said, blessings wait for us all!
you don't have to fight alone, loves.
if you guys need anything just message me, i'll be right here. always.

- minhawt