Dead Man's Blood (4)

Kylie's POV

"You sure you want to do this?" I asked Dean for the hundredth time.

"I'll be fine, just stay back with Sam and Dad, okay?" Dean winked before glancing at his father. "Good luck kiss?" He asked softly.

"What about your dad?" I teased.

He only smiled before laying a soft kiss on my lips.

I couldn't help but smile against his lips, cupping his cheek, keeping him close.

I let out a chuckle before pulling away. "I love you." I let out softly.

Dean's eyes widened a mixture of fear and shock filling those green candy apple eyes.

"You kids done?" I heard John ask.

I bit my lip and pushed away from Dean going to stand next to Sam and John in the trees watching as Dean got into position under the Impala's hood.

"I can't believe you did that." Sam mumbled to me.

"It was his idea." I glanced up at Sam who was grinning. "Shut up." I nudged him, earning a glare from John.

We waited until one of the vampires showed up, a young woman, offering to give Dean a lift back to her place.

"Nah, I'll pass. I usually draw the line at necrophillia." Dean smirked.

"Ooooh." She said with a smile before backhanding him.

Sam held me back as I jumped in my spot.

"He's got this." Sam murmured quietly. "You need to stay safe."

Another vamp approached them, while the woman grabbed Dean's face, lifting him into the air.

Sam had a firm hold on me, to keep me from doing something stupid.

"I don't usually get this friendly until the second date but . . " Dean trailed as he grabbed her wrist.

"You know, we could have some fun. I always like to make new friends." She purred before lowering him to her level, holding his cheeks tightly as she kissed him.

I looked away with disgust, it would be awhile until I would comfortably kiss Dean again.

"Oh Whuf. Sorry, I don't usually stay with a chick that long. Definitely not eternity."

I used that opportunity, without John's permission, to shot my cross bow. An Arrow pierced the girls heart, while Sammy's arrow pierced the other vampire.

"Damnit." She cursed as we emerged from the trees.

She glanced mostly at me. "It barely stings." She hissed.

"Give it time sweetheart." I grinned, putting my crossbow on my shoulder. "That arrow's soaked in dead man's blood. It's like poison to you, isn't it?" I asked with a smile.

Kate looked at me, shocked before wavering and losing consciousness, Dean grabbing ahold of her.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'm good." He nodded awkwardly before picking up the vamp.

"Load her up." John called. "I'll take care of this one."

We nodded at John, all three of us loading her into John's truck.

Dean didn't say much to me, I think the 'L' word freaked him out way too much, and I couldn't blame him.

What the hell was I thinking letting that out during a job?

John instructed us to start a campfire, and I was the first one to volunteer.