Provenance (5)

A/N We're getting close to the end of season one . . . should I do a season two? Let me know! Love ya guys! Stay safe and kind!

Poisongirl

Provenance (5)

Kylie's POV

"You kinda remind me of her."

I glanced away from the window where I was watching Sarah and Sam as they did cute couple things with each other, before looking at Dean who only grinned as we waited for the death certificates of Isaiah.

"Who?" I asked confused as I stared up at my boyfriend.

"Sarah." Dean nodded out towards the window.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I asked confused with a chuckle.

"Good, definitely good." Dean nodded. "You both are tough, would do anything for anyone." He smiled. "I mean I obviously like you more," He winked, "but I think you two would get along great, make a great team."

"The female Winchesters." I teased before shaking my head. "I don't want to drag her into this, and I don't think Sam will either."

Dean let out a sigh and nodded. "I wouldn't either. Hell, I don't even want you in this life."

I scrunched up my eyebrows confused. "What's that supposed to mean?"

He let out a breath before shifting awkwardly. "You're a great hunter, but you deserve better." He nodded. "I know you always dreamed about that apple pie life with kids and a family, you deserve that. Not all of this."

I stayed quiet because what he said was true.

I wanted to be a wife and a mother, but I knew that there was no way that was going to happen.

I dreamed of Dean and I having kids, of getting hitched in some small wedding, but that's all it was . . . a dream.

"Alright," The clerk came out and gave us the death certificates.

"Thank you." I smiled, taking it in my hands before looking over it with a smile.

"What?" Dean asked.

"Isaiah wasn't cremated." I grinned.

Dean wrapped his arm around my waist. "Let's go tell Sam."

I glanced out the window at Sam and Sarah who were talking with a deep emotion.

"Shouldn't we give them a minute?" I asked.

He followed my gaze before making a face. "Nope."

"Sarah, you don't understand. The pain that I went through . . . I can't go through it again. I can't."

Dean and I walked out just in time to hear those words slip from Sam's mouth, and I instantly wanted to hug him.

"Are we interrupting something?" Dean asked, most definitely interrupting something.

"No." Sam shook his head.

"Not at all." Sarah agreed.

Dean glanced between the two of them and nodded. "Huh. Apparently."

"So, what'd you get?" Sam asked, changing the subject.

"Apparently the surviving relatives of the Merchant family were so ashamed of Isaiah that they didn't want him interred with the rest of the family. So, they handed him over to the county, the county gave him a pauper's funeral. Economy style." I nodded. "Turns out he wasn't cremated, he was buried in a pine box."