Something Wicked (5)

Kylie's POV

I sat next to Sam as Dean set up security cameras and spoke to Michael, soothing him through the process.

"How are you feeling?" Sam asked.

I glanced at him and nodded. "I'm fine Sammy." I smiled.

"Are you really?" He raised a brow at me.

I bit my lip and patted his shoulder. "I'm taking it a day at a time."

Sam tapped his fingers on the desk before looking at me. "Are you hurting?"

I bit my lip harder and stared at the security feed. "Yes. Everyday."

"God Kylie." Sam sighed.

"What am I supposed to do Sam?" I sighed. "I can't control it. Missouri doesn't even know what's going on with me."

"Missouri?" Sam asked confused.

"I've been in touch with her. Taking a sort of . . . medicine from her. I took a year's supply in a month." I admitted. "I don't know what's wrong with me Sam, I'm just trying to figure it out as I go."

"Why didn't you say anything sooner?" Sam asked gently but I shook my head.

"We needed to find John, needed answers about the demon and Jessica." I smiled sadly. "I couldn't tell you that would've been selfish."

"Selfish?" Sam scoffed. "Kylie you look like death ninety percent of the time."

"Wow thanks Sam." I chuckled softly.

"I'm serious . . . Are you dying?" He asked quietly.

I didn't say anything and stared at the screen at Dean.

God was he beautiful.

"Kylie." Sam spoke softly.

"Are we good?" Dean called.

I cleared my throat. "A hair to the right." I called back as Dean adjust it. "There, there!"

I watched Dean with Michael, he was so soft and cautious.

He was made to be a dad.

"What if you shoot me?" Michael asked.

"We won't shoot you. We're good shots. We're not going to fire until you're clear, okay?" Dean smiled. "Have you heard a gunshot before?"

"Like in the movies?" Michael asked making me smile.

"It's gonna be a lot louder than in the movies. So, I want you to stay under the bed, cover your ears, do not come out until we say so. You understand?"

Michael nodded, still looking scared.

"Michael you sure you want to do this?" Dean asked and when Michael didn't answer he sighed. "You don't have to, it's okay, I won't be mad."

"No, I'm okay. Just don't shoot me." Michael nodded.

"We're not going to let anything happen to you. I promise."

-------------------

All three of us sat around the computer watching the feed.

"What time is it?" Dean asked.

"Three. You sure these iron rounds are gonna work?" Sam asked

"Consecrated iron rounds, and yeah it's what Dad used last time." Dean confirmed

"Hey Dean, I'm sorry." Sam spoke softly making me raise a brow.

"For what?" Dean asked.

"You know, I've really given you a lot of crap, for always following Dad's orders. But I know why you do it." Sam nodded.