Skin (3)

Skin (3)

Kylie's POV

We were sat in Rebecca's living room watching the security footage from the night Zack's girlfriend was killed..

Well everyone except me who was pacing back and forth after the thought I had today.

Working on my own?

I mean I had the visions, and I had been training just as hard as Dean and Sam.

Who knows maybe I could find John before they could.

"Here he comes." Rebecca said.

I stopped my pacing behind the couch and watched as the tape showed Zack walking into the house, but there was nothing else just Zack walking in like a normal human being.

Maybe Dean was right.

"22:04, that's just after ten. You said time of death was about 10:30." Dean noted as I began pacing again.

"Our lawyers hired some kind of video expert. He says that the tape was authentic. It wasn't tampered with." Rebecca said as I rubbed my jaw.

"Hey, Bec, can we take those beers now?" Sam asked.

"Oh, sure." She agreed, standing up.

"Hey," Sam caught her just as she was about to go into the kitchen. "Maybe some sandwiches, too?"

"What do you think this is, Hooters?" She remarked back causing me to laugh.

"I wish." Dean mumbled, but I still heard it. "What is it?" He asked as Rebecca left the room.

"Check this out . . ." Sam paused and turned to face where I was pacing. "Ky?"

"Oh right." I nodded and moved to stand on the other side of Sam.

He rewinded the tape before letting it replay where Zack was walking into the house.

Nothing that we hadn't seen before, but in the clip Zack looked directly into the camera, his eyes flickering silver just as Sam paused the tape.

"Well maybe it's just a camera flare." Dean argued but I let out a breath.

"That's not like any camera flare I've ever seen." I said gently. "You know, a lot of cultures believe that a photograph can catch a glimpse of the sould." I informed them.

"Right." Dean nodded.

"Remember that dog that was freaking out? Maybe he saw this thing. Maybe this is some kind of dark double of Zack's, something that looks like him but isn't him." Sam nodded.

"Like a Doppelganger." Dean agreed.

"Yeah. It'd sure explain how he was two places at once." Sam said.

I nodded in agreeance and stared blankly at the screen, my mind spinning around in different directions.

"I'm going to check on Becs." Sam said and stood up before going out into the kitchen.

"Doppelganger, this case just got even more interesting." Dean said.

I only hummed in agreeance and ran a hand over my face, not really listening as he talked to me.

"Kylie?" Dean chuckled, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

I jumped slightly. "What?" I looked at him.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" Dean smiled softly.

I shook my head. "Nothing I'm just tired." I said and stood up, rubbing my palms on my jeans.