Asylum (2)

Happy Supernatural night! Enjoy!

Asylum (2)

Kylie's POV

An asylum . . . a damn asylum, and an abandoned one at that.

Do people not watch horror movies?

"So apparently the cops chased the kids here . . . into the south wing." Sam explained after we hopped over the tall chain linked fence at the asylum.

"South wing, huh?" Dean questioned. "Wait a second," He said suddenly, flipping through John's journal. "1972. Three kids broke into the south wing, only one survived. Way he tells it, one of his friends went nuts and started lighting up the place."

"So whatever's going on, the south wing is the heart of it." I nodded as I looked around the building, the place covered with graffiti and beer bottles.

"But if the kids were spelunking the asylum, why aren't there a ton more deaths?" Dean asked.

I looked at the south wing door, noticing the broken chains. I walked up to them and jingled them lightly. "Looks like the doors are usually chained." I shrugged. "Could've been chained for years." I suggested.

"Yeah, to keep people out. Or to keep something in." Dean nodded.

"Only one way to find out." I smirked as I pushed the doors open, letting Sam and Dean lead the way.

I followed slightly behind them, closer to Dean than Sam.

"Let me know if you see any dead people, Haley Joel." Dean took a shot at Sam.

"Dude, enough." Sam rolled his eyes.

"I'm serious. You gotta be careful, all right? Ghosts are attracted to the whole ESP thing you got going on." Dean continued making me roll my eyes, feeling more of a jab at me than Sam.

"I told you, it's not ESP! I just have strange vibes sometimes. Weird dreams." Sam defended himself.

"It's fine Sam." I said with sympathy before looking at Dean. "You leave him alone."

Dean rolled his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. Don't ask, don't tell."

Sam sighed. "You get any reading on that thing or not?"

Dean looked at his EMF meter and shook his head. "Nope. Of course, it doesn't mean no one's home."

"Spirits can't appear during certain hours of the day." I pointed out.

"Yeah, the freaks come out at night." Dean turned to look at me raising his brows.

"Yeah." I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"Hey, who do you think is the hotter psychic: Patricia Arquette, Jennifer Love Hewitt, or you?" He laughed as Sam pushed him before going slightly further ahead.

"You need to take it easy on him." I said with a smile, taking Sam's spot.

"Just making light of a crazy situation, sweetheart." He shrugged, glancing down at me. "You seem better than before."

I shrugged. "I feel better. Stronger."

Missouri's little mixture was working, and I was slowly learning to control my visions, or at least push them back a bit, but the migraines were becoming not becoming less and less painful.

I felt like myself again.

"Good, because I missed working with you." He nudged me making me laugh.

"I've been with you the whole time." I shook my head.

"Yeah but you haven't been like . . . you, you." He shrugged as we went into another room.

Dean let out a low whistle. "Man. Electro-shock. Lobotomies. They did some twisted stuff to these people. Kinda like my man Jack in Cuckoo's Nest." Dean turned to give Sam and I crazy eyes, grinning wildly.

Sam ignored Dean but I couldn't help but smile and shake my head at the man.

"So. What do you think? Ghosts possessing people?" Dean asked.

"Maybe. Or maybe it's more like Amityville, or the Smurl hunting." Sam suggest.

I took in the twisted tools that doctor's had used on patient's, probably making them more crazy than normal.

"Spirit's driving them insane. Kinda like my man Jack in The Shining." Dean grinned.

I picked up a sharp dusty hammer, wondering how the hell you could cure a mental patient with a hammer. "I could see it." I replied to both Dean and Sam as I dropped the hammer back in its place.

"Guys." Sam spoke up, making me turn my attention to him. "When are we going to talk about it?"

"Talk about what?" I asked confused.

"About the fact Dad's not here." Sam let out softly.

My face softened and I let out a sad sigh, tucking my hands in my back pockets.

"Oh. I see. How about . . . never." Dean nodded.

"I'm being serious, guys. He sent us here." Sam pointed out.

"So am I, Sam." Dean let out a breath. "Look, he sent us here, he obviously wants us here. We'll pick up the search later."

"It doesn't matter what he wants." Sam shook his head.

"See. That attitude? Right there?" Dean snapped his finger. "That is why I always got the extra cookie."

I rolled my eyes. "Sam, ignore him." I said as Dean's eyes widened. "Listen, John wants us here for a reason, it could lead us to something, to the demon, or to him. We just have to trust in him."

Sam shook his head. "Dad could be in trouble, we should be looking for him. We deserve some answers. I mean, this is our family we're talking about."

"I understand that, Sam, but he's given us an order." Dean pointed out.

"So, what we gotta always follow Dad's orders?" Sam scoffed.

"It's not about him giving us orders," I spoke up. "I think he wants to lead us to something or prepare us for something big." I let out a breath. "We just need to stick to his plans."

There was silence as the brother's stared each other down until finally Dean was the one to pull away ending the stare down.

I looked down next to me, a dusty old sign catching my attention. I picked it up and dusted it off. "Sanford Ellicott . . . You know what we got to do. We got to find more about the south wing. See if something happened here." I let out a breath.

Dean nodded before walking away and out of the room.

I leaned back against a cabinet and crossed my arms at Sam.

"What?" He asked, giving me a bitch face.

I shrugged. "I didn't say anything."

"But you're obviously thinking it." Sam pointed out. "So spit it out."

"His whole life was all about following orders to protect you and me." I nodded. "Is he right to keep doing it even though he's an adult?" I shrugged. "Probably not, but it's all he's ever known." I nodded. "I get you want to find the demon, gank it, and go back to your life. I do too." I sighed. "But we don't have any other way of doing it without following John's orders."

Sam stared at me and shook his head. "I know, but maybe if we just find Dad-"

"We've searched." I interrupted. "This is our only lead. So I'm happy we took it."

Sam shook his head again. "I need you to back me up on this Ky. If you do we can end this."

"Or we could get killed by skipping the steps." I sighed.

Sam sighed. "You and Dean. John Winchester's little soldiers." He muttered under his breath as he walked out of the room.

I let out a breath as he walked out and ran my fingers through my hair.

It was like this a long time ago when we were kids.

Sam wanting a way out, Dean following John's orders.

And I was just the middle man.