Phantom Traveler (5)

Kylie's POV

We arrived at the airport in a frantic, we stopped to look at the planes schedule.

My head was pounding at all the numbers and letters. They just looked scrambled to me.

"Right there. They're boarding in thirty minutes." Sam pointed out and I let out a sigh of relief.

We still had time.

"Okay. We still have some cards to play. We need to find a phone." Dean noted.

We looked around until my eyes landed on a courtesy phone.

"There." I pointed and we quickly ran over to it.

Dean quickly picked up the phone, and I stood close to him trying to listen.

"I'm trying to contact an Amanda Walker. She's a flight attendant on flight, um . . . flight 4-2-4." He let out.

"Amanda Walker, Amanda Walker, you have a phone call. White courtesy phone, gate thirteen." The PA announced, and my heart sank as Dean began talking.

It sounded like it was going well until Dean became rigid with frustration. "Uh, well . . . there must be some mistake." He chuckled. "Guilty as charged." He added, trying to sound friendly. "He's really sorry." 

I looked at Dean confused, but he only gave me a shrug as he continued to talk, until his eyes became wide with fear.

"No,no. Wait, Amanda. Amanda!" He called, but it seemed that she hung up as he slammed the phone down. "Damn it! So close."

I ran a hand over my face. "We can't let her go on that plane." I said frustrated.

"All right. It's time for plan B. We're getting on that plane." Sam announced.

"Agreed." I was ready to go, but it was Dean who grabbed my lower arm tightly.

"Whoa, whoa, now just hold on a second." Dean said, and when I looked at him, he was wide eyed and frozen with fear.

"Dean, that plane is leaving with over a hundred passengers on board, and if we're right, that plane is gonna crash." Sam explained, confused with Dean's actions.

"I know." Dean nodded, but didn't move.

"Okay. So we're getting on the plane, we need to find that demon and exorcise it. I'll get the tickets. You get whatever you can out of the trunk. Whatever that will make it through the security. Meet me back here in five minutes."

Dean just stood there, almost like he was lost in his own terrified thoughts.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No, not really." Dean put his hands on his hips and licked his bottom lip.

"What? What's wrong?" Sam asked flabbergasted with his brother.

"Well, I kind of have this problem with, uh . . ." Dean trailed of and I let out a groan.

"Flying?" I asked with a sigh.

"It's never really been an issue until now." He tried to defend himself.

"You're joking, right?" Sam asked.

"Do I look like I'm joking? Why do you think I drive everywhere?" He ran a hand over his face.

"This is not happening right now." I looked at Sam.

"All right. Uh, Kylie and I will go." Sam announced, looking at me, and I shrugged.

"I'm not afraid to fly." I smiled.