Dead in the Water (4)

Kylie's POV

I've been through a lot of hunts, I've seen a lot of demons, and I've seen a lot of deaths. The look on Bill Carlton's face when we arrived will probably be the most haunting of them all.

"I don't care who you're with. I've answered enough questions today." He said grimly and so broken.

"Your son said he saw something in that lake. What about you? You ever see anything out there?" Sam asked a little harshly.

"Mr. Carlton, Sophie's drowning and Will's death-we think there might be a connection to you or your family." I said softly squatting down to his broken eye level.

"My children are gone. It's . . .  it's worse than dying." He shook his head as a tear rolled down his cheeks.

I let out a sigh ready to ask more questions when Dean grabbed my shoulder and shook his head. "Let's go Ky." He said.

We were heading back to the car wearily and partly exhausted.

"What do you think?" Sam asked us but I shook my head.

"I think the poor guy's been through hell. I also think he's not telling us something" Dean explained.

Sam leaned against the Impala and shook his head, his hair gently sloshing back and fourth. "What is it?"

"Huh?" Dean said looking directly at the Carlton house. "Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something." Dean concluded as he pulled the small picture out of his pocket that Lucas drew.

"Well, I'll be damned." I gave a small smile.

------------------------------------------------

Andrea was a protective mother, and I didn't blame her. She was hurt and probably a little lost in this journey of life, and getting through to her was a hell of a lot harder than we wanted it to be.

"He won't say anything. What good's it gonna do."  Andrea sighed as she ran her fingers through her dark hair.

"Andre, we think more people might get hurt. We think something's happening out there." Sam said

"My husband, the others, they just drowned. That's all." Andrea shook her head clearly in distress.

"Andrea if that's what you really believe, then we'll go. But if you think there's even a possibility that something else could be going on here, please let us talk to your son." Dean said and Andrea agreed without hesitation.

Dean grabbed my hand, butterflies in my belly, as he walked with me to Luca's room where he was coloring.

Sam and Andrea followed behind us and watched us from the doorway as Dean and I crouch down beside Lucas.

"Hey, Lucas. Do you remember us?" I greeted and my eyes traveled to the drawings of red bicycles.

"How did you know to draw this?" Dean asked as he pulled out the photo. "Did you know something bad was gonna happen? Maybe you could nod yes or no for me?"

Dean and I held our breaths as we watched Lucas, but nothing came from him.

"You're scared. It's okay I understand." Dean started. "See, when I was your age, I saw something real bad happen to my mom, and I was scared too." He looked at me and bit his lip, and I got the connection between him and Lucas. I forget sometimes that Dean saw his mom die. "I didn't feel like talking, just like you. But see, my mom-I know she wanted me to be brave. I think about that every day. And I do my best to be brave. And maybe, your dad wants you to be brave too."

"It's hard to be brave," I said softly. "I know, trust me, but you can help us Lucas. I know you can."

Lucas paused his coloring and dropped his crayon before handing Dean a picture he drew.

I managed to peak over Dean's shoulder to see the picture of a white church and a boy with a blue baseball cap with a red bicycle.

"Thanks, Lucas." Dean smiled.

-------------------------------------------------

"Andrea said the kid never drew like that ill his dad died." Dean said as he drive the Impala.

I was in the backseat looking over the picture wondering who this little boy was and why he was in the picture.

Was he the next victim?

"There are cases- going through a traumatic experience could make people more sensitive to premonitions, psychic tendencies." Sam went on and I immediately froze when he talked about psychic tendencies, knowing that I was in that category.

"Wherever's out there, what if Lucas is tapping into it somehow? I mean, it's only a matter of time before somebody else drowns, so if you got a better lead, please."

"We just have to find the house." I said, speaking up finally, despite feeling sick to my stomach.

"I agree." Sam sighed.

I looked at the picture and took everything in before scooting up and showing Sam. "Take a look at this."

Sam took the picture and turned it towards Dean. "You see this church? I bet there's less than a thousand of those around here."

"Oh college boy thinks he's so smart."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head with a smile on my face while Sam only laughed before looking at Dean with a serious look on his face.

"You know um .  . . What you said about mom you never told me that before." Sam said looking a little sad but also a little awkward and immediately I felt bad knowing I knew the story about Dean and what he experienced, but I kept my mouth shut.

"It's no big deal." Dean shrugged and looked at Sam. "Oh God, we're not gonna have to hug or anything, are we?"

Right then and there I knew that it was a big deal to Dean especially when he came back with his witty comeback. Dean Winchester and witty comebacks equals emotional problems that he didn't want to deal with.

The rest of the ride was mostly full of silence except for Dean's music blaring, by the time we got to the house that matched the picture, my head was pounding from different thoughts about this case.

I was quick to get out of the car and waited for Dean and Sam who came up behind me. "You ready?" Dean asked me with a smile and I nodded.

"I'm just ready to figure out this case." I admitted, and it was the truth I wanted to save this family and find John, and get my own answers.

"Me too." Dean gave me a small smile as we walked up to the house.

I raised my hand and knocked gently and very quickly the door opened up to reveal and elderly woman who looked skeptical of opening the door.

"Hi, we're sorry to bother you, but does a little boy live here by any chance?" I said gently and sweetly. "He would be wearing a blue ball cap and has a red bicycle?"

She looked spooked like she just saw a ghost. "No, not for a very long time."