Well, this is awkward... **MATURE CONTENT**

Author update: Hello all, yes. Finally back. I could spend a whole book talking about why I stepped away from this project, and what drew me back.

Needless to say, during this time in our world, I think we could always use a bit of a pick me up.

I hope this little bit of reading can brighten up your day/evening/dawn.

**WARNING IF YOU DO NOT LIKE MATURE CONTENT, PLEASE SKIP TO THE NEXT CHAPTER**

Close. He was so close. Too close. The smell of him. Something dark and seductive like sandalwood and sage. It was enough to make her forget. Forget about who she was before all of this.

She was frozen in place, his words echoed in her mind Naughty bunny, now you are going to be punished... As his lips drew closer to hers and she closed her eyes.

As he pressed his lips onto hers, a warm feeling in her belly burst to life. Fire, she was on fire. The kiss deepened as she leaned against the window a little more which made him growl quietly.

Yes, growl.

She shivered as her hands lifted and began to entwine themselves in his mess of dark hair. As if this was a silent command, his hands wrapped around her waist and pulled her into him and up off of the window, leaving a faint outline of her body on the window. Pressed against him she was engulfed by his scent, his essence. She breathed it in and felt his hard body beneath hers.

***

He couldn't believe what was happening right now. His body was against hers, and her very essence invaded every sense. She smelled like lavender and mint. Crisp and refreshing. Her body felt so delicate in his arms, but he knew the strength that lurked beneath. She fit so perfectly against him like he had found the part of him that always felt like it was missing. He could feel her heartbeat against his chest.

For the first time in his recollection, he truly felt whole. No lurking feeling of loneliness or doubt. Nothing in the world could hurt him because she was here in his arms.

She pulled away from him for a moment as if his thoughts invaded her mind to look up at him. Her cheeks were flushed, and her eyes were wide.

"What are we doing?" she asked carefully. He couldn't read her face. Didn't know what magic he could whisper in her ear at this moment to drag this feeling on a little longer.

***

Her heart was pounding. The moments seemed like an eternity as he inspected her face. Finally, he bent down to whisper in her left ear. "We are having fun."

Instantly his mouth was on hers again, this time hungrier than before. While one hand remained possessively on her waist, the other began to trail thoughtlessly over her. Her own hands began to wander. Exploring his curved and sculpted body. 

Fun. Fun. Yes. It was just fun. She needed to focus on getting home, getting back. This was just a bit of fun, or was it? She hadn't felt this way about a boy before, and there had been others. But Marshal, he was different. He saw her, and he didn't try to change her. He saw her and accepted every inch of her. No repairs needed.

A low growl rumbled in his chest as her fingers played with the top of his trousers. Not yet. She thought. She knew that once clothing started to come off, she doubted either of them would be able to stop themselves. So for the time being she left the hem be and her hands wander back to his neck and play with his ears. Virtually perfect, and minutely pointed. She smiled to herself.