Chapter 6: Fiona's Confusion

A quick author's note: Hi there everyone! I noticed in my perusing of the various Adventure Time fandom blogs, that there are several spellings of many character's names. Just to explain, I am not ignorant to the multiple spellings, or else why would I bring it up? Since this is an AU I have taken some creative freedoms. E.g. Fiona instead of Fionna and Finn instead of Fin. I hope that this will not distract too much from the story. PS: This chapter is a little sad, but I promise that this fic is not going to be super sad like my other one. Thanks for reading!

Chapter 6: Fiona's Confusion

Bernabon did not return to school for the next few days. Fiona tried not to dwell on it, but it is kind of hard when your math tutor is down for the count, and you are miserably failing remedial Algebra, and your teacher taking all of his anger about the missing student in his two person class out on you with more homework.

Finn and Jake were pleasant company, but Jake seemed to be with Rain more, and Finn could never hang out because he had 'practice' which he still refused to tell her what it was for.

"Where does Finn go when he says he has to get to 'practice'?" Fiona asked Jake one day after school after Finn had recently disappeared to attend the said practice.

"Hmm?" Jake looked up from his nuzzling of Rain's neck to glance over at Fiona. Fiona rolled her eyes. Seriously, they are just as bad as Cake and her boyfriend...

"Oh, I dunno. Finn is pretty secretive about it. I mean, I am his numero uno bro, and he hasn't even told me about it."

"I think he is embarrassed about it, whatever it is." Rain interrupted, glancing worriedly down the hallway Finn had just disappeared down. "I feel like Jake and I have been inadvertently pushing him away..." She added.

Jake stepped away from Rain. "I never thought about it that way..." He paced around the hall, his back hunched over in deep thought. He fell to the ground on his knees and yelled "Oh my god, I have outed my best friend to be with my lady friend! I am such a terrible bro!"

She didn't want to admit it but it was true, Finn had told her a little about it during PE. He didn't hate Jake for getting a girlfriend, in fact he really liked Rain, but it seemed like he didn't have time of him anymore...

"Hey, hey, hey! Everything will be alright, you can fix this!" Rain walked slowly towards Jake, who was wallowing in a pool of self pity on the floor, curled up in a ball.

"Yeah dude, you can totally make this right with Finn!" Fiona added, coming to stand next to Rain, who was kneeling over her dramatic boyfriend.

"No, I need to make this more than better!" Jake whimpered.

"How?!" Both the girls looked at each other, and then back at Jake.

"Simple!" He said, as he jumped up from the ground, and zipped up his yellow hoodie. "I will throw Finn a 'I'm sorry I am such a crappy friend, please take me back' party!" He stood there triumphantly.

Rain raised an eyebrow. "Well that was fast..."

Fiona snickered.

"Don't laugh! This party will be off the charts! There will be a live DJ, and lights, and a dance floor, and pancakes..." He trailed off as he darted around, visualizing it all.

"He had me at pancakes..." Fiona said to Rain. Rain giggled, and then asked on a serious note, "But if it is a party celebrating your friendship, why are you inviting so many people? Shouldn't it just be a few close friends?"

"My lady." Jake wagged a finger at her. "You can't fill a dance floor up with 'a few close friends'!"

They both rolled their eyes. They knew it was pointless to try and reason with him now, but they would bring him down the size... wouldn't they?