Chapter 1: The Alley

Fiona groaned, and sat up.

"Where am I?" She mumbled.

The desolate alley provided little sympathy, or explanation. Overfilling trashcans lined the brick walls that stretched up to what seemed to be the heavens. There weren't any buildings this tall in any of the kingdoms Fiona had been in before. They even dwarfed the Candy Kingdom's Palace, where Fiona's bud Prince Gumball resided.

She rubbed her head, and closed her eyes, but when she did, visions of the splintered past flashed before her eyes. A strange hooded figure chanting words she did not understand, flashes of light, a swirling vortex, reaching for Cake as she fell through 'nothingness'. She opened her eyes and shivered.

Best not close my eyes for the time being. She thought to herself. Right now, I have to figure out where the glob I am.

She felt the soft plop of scattered raindrops that hummed as they hit the tin cans. Soon the drops turned into a light autumn drizzle around her. She sought shelter under a low hanging awning. She knelt down, pulled off her iconic green backpack, and sifted through its jumbled contents searching for her crystal sword inside.

Why do I have so much stuff in here? Man, I am starting to turn into Cake. She smiled to herself.

When she finally retrieved the small shard from a side pocket of her backpack, and attempted to activate it, nothing happened.

Maybe I need to assume a more adventurer-position. She stood up, and assumed the basic battle stance, her crystal sword held in her hands about an arms length in front of her. She swiped downwards screeching her battle cry, expecting the sword to transform...   

Still, nothing happened.

She shook the sword a little to violently. Maybe it was damaged during the transportation...

She slipped the shard into her pocket, and stood up. Well staying in this place isn't going to do me much good.

Just then a gang of older men in leather jackets walked up to her.

"Well. Well. Well. What do we have here?" A man with slicked back hair, and the damp butt of a cigarette squeezed between a set of stained teeth peered down at her.

"Looks like a little, baby, bunny got lost in the rain." A tall, wiry, man with his hands shoved in his pockets chimed in with an answer.

She stood up, and faced them. "Hey listen here you big jerks, I don't need any of your..Ooof!"

"Shaaaad up!" The man with the slick backed-hair yelled as he slapped her across the face.

She glared up at him through the misty tears and the rain. Nursing her aching cheek.

"You are going to regret that!" She snarled.

"And what is the little bunny going to do about it?" The wiry man chimed in again. Using the same mocking baby voice he had used earlier.

She held her fists up, and the gang started to laugh. Why were they laughing at her? Didn't they know who she was? What she had done to the monsters that caused trouble in the land of Aaaa? She had faced bigger foes than the likes of these men, but now she was cold, alone, and without any sort of weapon to defend herself. Still, as a true adventuress of Aaaa, she had to fight until the bitter end.

The gang surrounded her, and pushed her out into the middle of their circle. They proceeded to push her around the circle as if she were a ball being passed around in a game. They grabbed at her arms, and legs.

"Stop that!" She punched the man with the slicked back hair, who she had now determined was the leader of the gang, square in the jaw. The force of her punch was enough to send the man flying backwards into a garbage can.