Chapter 9: Twisted Prince

"Aw man, I can't believe we got detention for being late." She whined to Finn as they walked out of Chemistry together.

"It serves us right for trying to enjoy your breakfast and then leaving it halfway eaten. We should have just finished it, and strolled leisurely to class, and we would have received the same punishment." He grinned at her sideways and looked down at the matching pink slips they had both been handed on their way out the door by Ms. B.

"Yeah..." She sighed shrugging.

"I guess you will just have to make it for me again." He winked.

She smacked his shoulder with a chemistry book. "What makes you think I am going to make it for you again you entitled little shit?"

"Simple." He had walked a few paces ahead of her, and now turned around to face her, walking backwards down the hall. "I will bribe you with access to my practice room."

Fiona's mouth watered. Well, that might just be enough incentive...

"Oh yeah, before I forget, where is Jake?" She said, attempting to change the subject.

Finn's expression darkened at the question. "I dunno, it's not like I am his keeper or anything." He replied briskly. Trying not to dwell too long on the subject. He was having such a good time today with Fiona. Why let thoughts of Jake ruin his mood?

Fiona could tell that Jake had become a sensitive subject with him. "Look man, I'm sorry. It's none of my business. You guys just used to be so close..."

"Used to be being the key word." Finn scowled.

The day progressed pretty normally. Fiona and Finn ate lunch together outside under the falling leaves without the aid of Jake to keep the conversation going. They were beginning to enjoy one another's company.

I don't see how we can't be closer after last night... She thought to herself as she waved goodbye to Finn and headed to her dreaded sixth period, Remedial Algebra.

I mean Finn is sweet, kind, and he doesn't make fun of me when I don't know which fork to use. Which is pretty uncommon in this place... She glanced down the hallways as she passed by a group of model-thin underclassmen. One of them had hair so white it almost looked like snow, and her skin so pale it almost sparkled. Her skirt was rolled up uncomfortably high, giving the passing jocks a nice view of her toned thighs, and her shirt was unbuttoned to so the top of her cleavage was very visible.

Oh brother...

"Have you seen that third year Finn around? Talk about hawt..." The underclassman said, putting particular emphasis on the last word while melodramatically fanning herself. "With those studs and ponytail! I mean I don't know why he doesn't look like that more often, he is actually drop dead gorgeous!"

"He probably doesn't want sluts like you, Icey, chasing him all the time." One of the other girls with black silky hair, and severely-cut bangs joked.

The blond turned on the girl, and if looks could kill, the poor girl would have been vaporized. The look the blond shot her was so intense.

"Well perhaps if I you had any boobs." The blond replied, looking the unfortunate joker up and down as if she were a piece of meat. "You would get more action like I do." She hissed. Flipping her hair over her shoulder, and storming down the hallway. The other girl, who seemed to be the unfortunate joker's twin sister, jogged frantically after her, not wanting her sister's transgressions to be passed on to her.

Fiona was appalled. Man, what a jerk. If I were her I would have... Wait, was she talking about Finn? My Finn? Well, he's not mine, but he is my friend. And Finn? Hot? What did she mean? Finn looks the same as he does everyday, a little shift in one's style isn't that detrimental, is it?