A World of Pure Imagination

Author's Notes:

So... I know there is not a TON of fluff in this chapter, but I wanted to focus on the interaction between the two in this chapter, I will try to post the next chapter very shortly. Hopefully that will have more "fluff" between characters...

Sorry, this is my first time writing fluff, so I kind of suck at it...

Enjoy ^.^

Chapter 17: A World of Pure Imagination... Never exactly like we want it to be...

The door clicked and swung open as he shoved the key back into his pocket.

"Sorry about the mess..." He mumbled, quickly sprinting around the room and snatching armfuls of empty junk food wrappers and dirty clothes and tossing them into empty hallway closets and already-brimming trashcans.

"Fin, I am over here all the time." She teased, unsure why he was acting so oddly.

"I am used to your level of cleanliness."

He looked up at her and grinned. "Busted."

"So where are the bandages?"

He stared at her, momentarily confused to what she was talking about.

"For your hands?" She continued, gesturing to his stained knuckles.

"Oh..." He blushed a little, hoping she hadn't noticed he had been staring at her. "Down the hall and to the right, and this time, don't get lost."

She blew her bangs out of her face, an act of indignation, before slipping off her heels and disappearing silently down the hall.

"Oww!" He howled, attempting to pull his scabbing hand from her ironclad grasp.

"Don't move!" He growled, slapping his cheek playfully in warning. "For such a beefcake you really don't do well with pain."

"I am not a beefcake!" He spat, quickly pulling his freshly re-bandaged hand from her grip as she started unraveling his other hand. Nursing it gingerly in her lap. "It's only because I train! That's why I have muscles.."

"Like its going out of style..." She teased, pressing a cotton swab laced with antiseptic to his freshly cracked and bleeding knuckle.

"Ouch!" He screeched.

"See what I mean? You may have muscles for days, but you can't handle any pain whatsoever."

"Like you're so experienced in pain." He sneered, pulling his hand from her grip to examine it. She let it willingly slide from her hands, staring out into space for a moment, as if she were remembering something painful, her face twisting unconsciously into a wince.

But just as quickly as her mood came upon her, it passed, something snapping her from her daydream, her eyes rolling back to his shocked expression.

Her hand shot out pulling his hand back into lap. "I know more about pain than I would like to admit." She mumbled as she began to pat carelessly at his knuckles with the cotton swab. He winced, more at her words than the stinging cold of the antiseptic.

Great Finn, you just shoved your foot in your mouth...

They were quiet as she finished bandaging his other hand. He spoke only after she set his hand down and leaned back into her seat on the couch.

"Fi?"

She mumbled in acknowledgement as her head sunk deeper into the plush pillows.

"What did you mean when you said you knew what pain was?"