Coffee Shop

Yixing was sitting by the coffee shop window, sipping on his coffee while waiting for his date to show up. He looked at his watch and realized that 15 minutes had passed and his date is still nowhere to be seen. He sighed and continues staring out the window. His phone rang and he checked the message. It was from his date.

11/15/2014 14:17
I’m so sorry! Stuck in traffic jam, I’ll be there in about 10 minutes.

11/15/2014 14:18
It’s okay, I’m still here waiting for you.

Yixing sighed. It was one of the blind dates that his sister had set up for him. He didn’t really want to go on a date with anyone. He’s busy with work and now he has to go on a blind date? He had never met the guy that his sister had set him up with.

11/15/2014 14:30
I’m here. Where are you?

Yixing looked up and look around. He saw a guy holding his phone and he was wearing a blue coat. He raised his hand to attract his attention. Maybe it’s him. The guy saw him and walked towards him.

“Yixing?” He asked.

“Yes.” Yixing nods. “You must be Kai.”

“Nice to finally meet you.” Kai said. “Can I have a seat?”

“Oh sure sure.” Yixing said.

The two of them were in an awkward silence for quite a moment.

“So… This is awkward.” Kai said and laughed awkwardly.

“Yeah…” Yixng said and looks away. He didn’t have anything to talk about with Kai.

Suddenly, Kai’s phone began ringing and he answered his phone.

“Hello?” He said and paused for a while. “I’ll be right there.” He said.

Yixing looked at him with a blank expression.

“I’m sorry… My brother got into trouble in school. I’ll need to go now. Sorry about that.” Kai said and stood up.

“It’s alright.” Yixing smiled.

Kai smiled and walked out of the coffee shop. Yixing sighed. Well, all that for nothing. He called his sister and told her everything.

“Oppa you’re really useless.” She said.

“Shut up you.” Yixing said. “It’s not my fault that his brother is being an asshole in school.”

“Just don’t leave yet. I’ve set up a lot of dates for you today.”

“You what?”

“Yup.” His sister said. “I’ll send their numbers to you in a while. Bye oppa.” She said and hung up.

“That kid needs someone to teach her a lesson…” Yixing said and shook his head. His phone notification began ringing and saw that his sister had sent more than 5 more contacts to him. Yixing slumped back into the chair he was sitting on. He raised his hand to call the waiter.

“May I help you sir?” The waiter asked.

“Give me another cup of Americano please.”

“I’ll be right back.” The waiter said and walked towards the kitchen.

11/15/2014 15:00
Is this Yixing? Your sister just sent me your phone number and wanted me to ask you out.

11/15/2104 15:01
Yeah. I know. In fact, I’m in this coffee shop now, are you free now?

11/15/2014 15:03
Yeah sure. Where is this coffee shop?

11/15/2014 15:04
Sending my location to you. Hold on.