I Told You So

“You’re not kicking him out?” Luhan asked.

“Why would I?” Yixing asked back.

“Hasn’t he been living in your house for the past 3 months without helping with the rent?”

“It’s not MY house. It’s our house.” Yixing said. “Besides, he lost his job. Give him a little bit more time. I’m sure he’ll do just fine.”

“Yeah right. You’ll kick you him out.” Luhan said.

“I won’t.”

Three months ago, Chanyeol came back home with a long face, throwing his briefcase on the couch and flopped onto it. His hands covering his face and he sighed heavily.

“What’s wrong baby?” Yixing asked, poking his head through the bedroom door.

“I… Just lost my job.” Chanyeol said. “I got retrenched.”

“Aww baby…” Yixing went over to him and sat down beside him. “It’s alright.”

“I’m sorry Yixing.” Chanyeol said. “I’ll go job hunting tomorrow.”

“No, you rest first.” Yixing said.

“But what about everything? The house, the car, and our expenses.”

“Hey, I’m working too you know.”

“But you can’t work that much.” Chanyeol said. “I have to work too.”

“You’ve been working too hard. I don’t even know why they fired you.” Yixing said. “You take a rest. I’ll just teach more classes, that’s all.”

“You’ve been teaching a lot of classes Yixing. Piano, vocals, dance and now art? Isn’t that too much?”

“I enjoy what I do Yeollie.” Yixing said. “Besides, there are a lot more students that want me as their teacher, so they’re happy, I’m happy too.” He said and smiled.

“Oh Yixing.” Chanyeol smiled. “What would I do without you?”

And for three months, instead of go out and look for a job, Chanyeol’s been at home, writing a book and does a lot of gardening. Yixing on the other hand, has been working like crazy.  6 classes a day, 6 days a week and each class is about 2 hours.

“Teacher, you look tired.” One of Yixing’s students said. “Are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine.” Yixing said. “Now turn to page 78 and play that piece for me.” He added and sat down beside his student.

Yixing went home that night and as usual, as tired as he is, he always feels comforted whenever Chanyeol opens the door with a wide smiled and the dinner that was already laid on the table.

“You look extra tired today.” Chanyeol said and gave him a massage. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” Yixing smiled. “You’re the one that keeps me going.”

“I’m sorry Xing.” Chanyeol suddenly said. “I’ll try harder. I really will.”

“It’s fine.” Yixing said. “We’re fine.”

“I’m going to an interview tomorrow!” Chanyeol said. “With any luck, I’ll get the job.”

“That’s great!”

“And you can stop teaching so many classes Xing.” Chanyeol said with a sad look on his face. “It breaks my heart seeing you like this."

***