Something Special

“What?” Yixing looked at the notice board and shouted.

“What is it?” Kris asked.

“I didn’t get in.” Yixing said, his voice trembling.

“Yixing…” Kris looked at the notice board and then back to Yixing.

“I worked hard on this, why can’t I get in?” Yixing said softly and stares at the piece of paper on the board, it was a list of name of those who had successfully got into the college they wanted.

“Well, you are really sick on the day of the entrance exam.” Kris said.

“Kris!” Someone shouted and Kris turns.

“Oh hey Chanyeol.” Kris said and smiled.

“Congrats on getting in!” Chanyeol said.

“Yeah, you too!” Kris said. “Looks like only the two of us from our class got in.”

Chanyeol nods his head. “Some people are just bad luck.” She said while eyeing Yixing.

Yixing clenched his fists and he keeps his head down.

“Ah, this, is for you.” Chanyeol said and gave Kris something.

“Oh, thanks!”

Yixing couldn’t stand it anymore and he ran away.

“Yah Zhang Yixing!” Kris shouted but Yixing just kept running. “I’m sorry Chanyeol, I’ll see you later.” He said and ran after Yixing.

“Let go of me!” Yixing shouted when Kris grab hold of his arm.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Kris asked.

“You go with Chanyeol! You two are made for each other, unlike me I’m just an idiot that can’t even make it through some entrance exam!” Yixing said and hold on to a pole while Kris pulled his other arm.

“What are you talking about?”

“I knew everything Kris! I knew he gave you chocolate during Valentine’s this year right?” Yixing asked.

Kris blushed. “You went through my backpack?” He asked. “Doesn’t matter. Here” He said and gave Yixing his handkerchief. “Wipe those tears. I know you worked hard on the exams so cheer up, you did your best.”

Yixing kept quiet and stares at the bus schedule. The bus arrives a few minutes later and he immediately runs onto the bus.

“Yah Zhang Yixing!” Kris was shocked and followed him in.

Yixing went to the back of the bus and sat down, pouting. Kris walked beside him and sat down.

“So, where do you wanna go?” He asked.

“Anywhere.” Yixing answered short.

“What do you mean anywhere?” Kris asked.

“We never actually went out together to places since we’re together.” Yixing said while staring out the window. “I just wanted to go on a date with you.”

Kris looked at Yixing. He was suddenly feeling guilty that he didn’t actually pay much attention to him for the past 2 years they were together. The bus went on and on and they pass by a beach, Yixing’s eyes lit up and he tugs Kris’s sleeves.

“Let’s get down here.” He said.

“Huh?”

“I want to go to the beach.”  He said.

The bus stopped and Yixing stood up.

“Hey hey wait for me.” Kris said and he stood up. His bag fell to the floor and things scattered around.