My Roommate

“How many times have I told you to stop going into my room without my permission?” Yixing asked while looking at Kris.

“Sorry. I was just checking to see if you need to do the laundry.” Kris said.

Yixing had been super secretive with everything in his room. Kris knew that all along and he respects Yixing. But being the careless kid Yixing is, Kris have to check his room every now and then to check if everything is alright. Yixing is a chemist and he usually have chemistry apparatus lying around everywhere in his room. Unlike Yixing, Kris is a Biologist. He doesn’t know much about Chemistry but he does know that some chemicals are dangerous to be left in the open air. They can react with the oxygen around and produce poisonous gases.

“It’s just that it’s dangerous for someone like you to be inside.” Yixing said. “I mean, there are a lot of chemicals inside and I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Kris raised one of his eyebrows. Dangerous? You’re the one that’s clumsy, not me. He thought.

“Anyway, why are you still sleeping inside there then? There are a lot of chemicals inside, isn’t it dangerous for you to sleep there?” Kris asked.

“It’s only there for a while.” Yixing said. “Besides, I know how to handle them.”

“I still don’t like the idea of you sleeping inside.” Kris said. “Can you like at least sleep in the guest room or the living room for the time being?”

“No.”

“Please?” Kris said. “I can’t lose a roommate because of some chemicals.”

Yixing blushed. Is he worried about me?

“Fine, fine.” Yixing said. “I’ll sleep in the guest room for the time being.”

Kris sighed. “Okay then. Now, let’s go get dinner. I’m hungry.”

Yixing laughed. The two of them met in university and now they work at the same place. They have been roommates for 6 years now and Yixing wonders how Kris survived these years with him. Yixing is always clumsy, forgetful and kinda messy at some point.

But Kris was alright with all these. He once said that his brother is way worse than Yixing so he doesn’t really mind. Although he said that, the real reason that he had stick with Yixing for such a long time is that he secretly love that guy and is worried about him all the time.

“Ding dong….” The doorbell rang.

“Is the pizza here?” Yixing asked.

Kris looked at him. “It’s only been 5 minutes since we ordered it.”

“Then who could it be?” Yixing asked and stood up.

“I’ll get it.” Kris said and walked towards the door. He opened it and in came Chanyeol and Baekhyun running into the apartment.

“Kris! I miss you!” Chanyeol said and gave Kris a huge hug and kisses on his cheeks.

“Bleh.” Yixing stuck out his tongue in disgust. “You guys should go get a room.”

“You’re just jealous.” Chanyeol said and stuck out his tongue at Yixing.

“What are you two doing here?” Kris asked while peeling Chanyeol away from him.

“We’re here to visit you guys!” Baekhyun said and smiled.

“Visit?” Yixing raised an eyebrow. “Spit it out. What is it this time?”

“You got us…” Chanyeol said and grinned. “Well…”

“We thought that we can you know, stay at your place for a while because our house is currently under renovation…” Baekhyun said.