I Promise

Veronica's POV

I woke up in Jughead's arms. He was already awake.

"How long have you been up?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Almost an hour." He said.

"Why didn't you get up?" I asked him.

"I didn't want to leave you alone." He said and pulled me closer. I smiled.

"Promise you'll never leave me." I said.

"I promise, I will never leave you. I promise, I will never hurt you. I'm gonna keep you and the baby safe. No matter what happens. Whether it's good or bad, I'm gonna keep you safe. You are all I ever cared about. I love you, Veronica Lodge. And I always will. I'm never gonna let you go. I promise you that, okay?" He said. I nodded and smiled and even more and kissed him.

"Okay. I love you, too." I said. He smiled.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I'm still worried, Jug." I said. He sat up and so did I.

"Veronica, nothings gonna happen. It'll be fine." He said calmly. "It won't be like last time. And yes, this was fast right after that, but we are just getting another chance." I nodded.

"Yeah, you're right." I said.

"Exactly. Let's go get something at Pop's." He said and I nodded. We got up and got around then left.

When we got to Pop's Cheryl and Toni were there. We went and sat with them. We were having a normal converation. We didn't bring anything up to them just yet. After half an hour the door opened again. It was Betty, Sweet Pea and Archie.

"Well, it's been a while since we've seen them." I mumbled. Everybody else looked at them.

"Great." Cheryl said and rolled her eyes. Surprisingly they didn't even walk over to us. They just went to their own booth. I sighed of relief. I looked at Betty and she was already looking at me. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"What are they doing here?" Toni asked. I shrugged.

"Who the hell knows? They're probably planning something. Like always. It's all they ever do." Jughead said. I agreed.

"Hey, Veronica!" I looked up and saw Betty.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." Cheryl said.

"Yes, Betty?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you'd like to hangout sometime." She said. I looked at the other three. They were all glaring at Betty. I sighed and smiled.

"No, thank you, Betty. You see, we aren't friends anymore and I have nothing I want to talk to you about." I said.

"Well, I would like to talk about you and the no-so-real baby." She said looking down at my stomach. I sighed and stood up. "You were just wanting attention. Wanting Jughead to stay with you. Has he something to you about it or are you just lying to him?" She asked.

"Betty, you don't want to be messing with me right now." I said. She chuckled.

"Yeah? Why, because you don't want Jughead to find out you're lying?" She asked.

"Betty, I lost that baby. On Valentines Day. If I hadn't I would be five almost six months pregnant. But, no, the worst thing I could possibly ever think of happened to me. And as much as I hate you, I hope it doesn't ever happen to you." I said.

"V-Veronica, I'm..." I cut her off.

"Save it, Betty. I don't want to hear it. Go back to your boyfriend and fuck toy and leave me alone." I said and sat back down next to Jughead. He pulled me closer to him and I watched as she walked away.

"You Okay, Veronica?" He asked me. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just had to." I said.

"I get it." He said. "And I agree with you." I looked at him. "As much I don't like her, I would never wish something like that would happen to her." He said. I smiled and looked at my wrist with the tattoo on it. He grabbed my hand his same arm with him. I looked at him. He smiled at me. Then we heard the sound of a phone camera.

"Aww, how cute!" Toni said. I looked at her and she was looking at her phone while smiling.

"Bitch." I joked and we laughed. Then my phone buzzed. "Did you just send it to me?" I asked.

"Yes," She said. I sighed and we continued on with our conversation. Betty, Archie and Sweet Pea left not to long after they arrived.

When Jug and I got back to the trailer, it was almost eleven. He looked at me.

"When are you planning on telling Cheryl and Toni?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know, but I'm gonna wait a while. If that's okay with you." I said. He nodded.

"Absolutely. Whatever you want, princess." He said. I smiled and kissed him.

"I love you, so much." I said and cuddled upto him.

"I love you, too, princess." He said.