Online School

Veronica's POV

We got to Pop's and ordered food and a couple of milkshakes. He made me laugh and smile. I watched as he was being just an idiot. Everything was fine until the bell chimed on Pop's door. I looked up to see who it was. I stopped smiling and looked down.

"What?" Jughead asked. I nodded my head towards the door. I saw he looked back. He sighed and groaned a little. "Fuck!" I heard him mutter. I felt small tears in my eyes.

"Hey, you two. What are you going doing here?" Archie asked. I continued to look down, not wanting to look at him.

"What do you want, Archie?" Jughead asked.

"Shut up, Jones!" Archie said loudly. I jumped. Jughead reached across the table and lightly grabbed my hand. "Mind if I sit?" I asked and sat next to me. I scooted all the way over and leaned against the wall, but he only came closer to me. I sighed.

"Andrews, you better back off." Jughead said.

"Or what? What are gonna do, Jones? Punch me like you did yesterday outside of your trailer?" Archie said. I looked at Jughead.

"What?" I asked. They both looked at me. Archie chuckled.

"See. She doesn't want someone who would hit other people because they're mad. She just wants someone would tend to her after anything has happened to her." He moved a strand hair hair behind my ear. I tensed. "Which is why I'm clearly better than you, Jones." He said. Archie stood up and I quickly climbed out of the booth. Jughead was looking at Archie, and he was pissed off. I quickly grabbed his hand and wrapped one arm around his. He looked at me and his expression changed. He calmed a little bit.

"Let's go." I whispered to him. He nodded and we walked out. As we walked outside he was still a little angry.

"I can't believe he has the nerve to come and talk to us after yesterday!" He almost yelled.

"Jug, you need to calm down. Nothing happened! I'm fine." I promised him. He took a calming deep breath in, and let it out. He looked at me.

"I know, it's just..." he stopped. "He almost hurt you, Veronica. I dont need him trying again." He said. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"He won't, and I know he won't. Because I have you to protect me." I said, being all confident in him. He chuckled.

"I was almost beaten up by him yesterday. I didn't expect to have to try and fight him." He said. I brought a finger to my lips.

"Shhh, we dont need to talk about that." I said with a small giggle. He chuckled again.

"Okay," he looked at me with a smile. "Let's get to school." He said. I nodded and we left for school.

The whole school was filled with Betty glaring at me, Cheryl and Toni talking about Betty, and Jughead asking me over and over again if I was Okay. I ignored Betty, never payed attention to Cheryl and Toni, and told Jughead I was fine. I lied.

I'm scared. Not only for myself, but Jughead's too. Last I checked Betty was obsessed with him and hated me, Sweet Pea hated him and was obsessed with me, and now Archie wants to kill him and is trying to hurt me. Life isn't so good for me right now. Maybe I should start doing online school early just to get away from the mess of drama and school. It'd be easier that way anyways. When Jughead and I got to his trailer after school I had to talk to him.

"Jughead," I said with a sigh. "I need to talk to you." I said. He walked over to me.

"Yes, what?" He asked. I sat on the couch.

"Sit, please." I said. He looked at me with concern on his face as he slowly sat down next to me.

"Veronica, what is it?" He asked. I sighed.

"I've been thinking... maybe I should stop going to school." I said.

"What do you mean? What are you talking about?" He asked.

"Online school, Jughead! I've been lying to you today. I'm not fine. I'm sick of Betty and Sweet Pea talking about me, about us with everybody else at school." I said. He nodded.

"Okay, but are you really sure you want that? I mean, Cheryl and Toni are at school." He said. I nodded.

"Trust me, I love them and everything, but they're also part of the problem. All they do is trash talk Betty. They never shut up about oi ut her because they hate her." I said. He laughed a little.

"Makes sense. Umm, when are you planning on starting this?" He asked. I looked at him.

"Tomorrow." I told him.

"Tomorrow?" He repeated.

"Mh-mm." I hummed.

"That fast?" He asked. I nodded.

"Jug, I'm done with that school for now. I'll be fine. I'll just stay here, at the trailer." I told him. He sighed then nodded.

"Fine. Whatever makes you happy, princess." He said. I smiled.

"Thank you, Jughead." He nodded and smiled.

"Absolutely. Do you want something to eat?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes, please!" I said. He laughed and so did I. I watched him make some food. We talked and laughed and I enjoyed his company way more than I did before. I know the three words have been said before, but I think I'm in love. Way more than I was with Archie. Or maybe even the last time I was with him. This time its different. I'm head over heels for him.