Coming Home

Veronica's POV

I woke up alone. Jughead wasn't next to me. I sighed and got up. I walked out and saw him sitting on the couch. He looked at me then looked away.

"Hey." He said kind of coldly. I just looked at him for a second then looked down. I walked back and grabbed my phone. It's still six AM. I got around for school and texted Toni.

Toni

V: Can I come over this morning and just go to school with you?

T: Sure! But don't you usually go to school with Jughead?

I ignored her questioned and walked to the door.

"Where are you going?" Jughead asked. I looked at him. He was looking at me.

"I'm going to Cheryl's and Toni's. I'll get to school with them." I said. He scoffed and looked away.

"Whatever." He mumbled. I felt like saying something, but I didn't. I just left.

I knocked on the door and Toni opened it. She smiled and I nodded a little. I guess she could tell somethings wrong.

"Veronica, are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Umm, yeah, I'm fine." I said. I don't know if I lied or not.

"No, you're not. You never texted back. Or answered my question. Did something happened with Jughead?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, nothing happened. We're fine." I told her. She nodded and then we left with Cheryl.

During the whole school day, Jughead would keep as far away from me and Archie would follow me. I told him I wasn't interested, but he just kept following me.

"Hey, Veronica!" Archie said and sat next to me. I rolled my eyes. I looked around to see if I could find Cheryl or Toni. I sighed when I couldn't see them.

"What do you want, Andrews?" I asked.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to prom with me. I mean, it looks like you and Jughead aren't is a very good--"

"Not interested, Andrews!" I said.

"Oh come on! I can tell you two aren't in a really good place right now and I know he won't be asking you anytime soon." He said.

"Who said I wanted to go?" I asked.

"You're Veronica Lodge. Who said you wouldn't." He said. I sighed and rooled my eyes.

"Fuck off, Archie! I don't want to deal with you right now, okay!" I said and got up and walked off. I ran into Cheryl and Toni in the hallway.

"Veronica, are you okay?" Cheryl asked. I shook my head.

"No, it's Archie. He won't leave me alone!" I said.

"What? Is he trying to hurt you again?" Cheryl asked.

"No, he never did. He's trying to get me to get me to go to prom with him since Jughead andbi are in a bad place right now." I told them.

"Wait, you and Jughead are in a bad place? Since when?" Toni asked. I shook my head.

"Never. We're not." I quickly said. Cheryl and Toni looked at each other then back at me. I sighed. "It's really nothing, you guys. We're great." I said and walked off.

I saw Jughead down the hall. He looked at me and looked down. I quickly walked the other way and out of the school. What is going on with us? Why is he ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? I quickly walked home. Not to the trailer. Not Cheryl's and Toni's. I went to the Pembrooke. To see if my parents are still there. I don't keep up with them anymore.

I walked inside and it was quiet. It looked like nobody was there. I sighed and walked to my room. It's still exactly how it was when I left.

"Veronica!" I heard from the door. I turned and saw my mother. "What are you doing here?"

"I need a place to stay."