The Ammo Shortage: Finale

A/N: WARNING: This chapter discusses sensitive topics such as: underage drinking, sexual assault, and topics that may be sensitive for the reader. Proceed with caution.

---

"There is no evidence against me, so why am I here?"

Cowell sat in a metal chair, hands cuffed to a steel plate on the table, his face exhibiting large levels of rage that Shawn was trained to brush off easily. The agent himself sat across from Cowell, arms crossed like a barrier deflecting anything Cowell might throw at him.

"You know why you're here. Why did you hire Baker's sisters?" Shawn questioned, knowing he was beginning to sound like a broken record. It was always difficult when dealing with a suspect that refused to give up valuable information that could help potentially close the case, but that's why Shawn picked this job. Justice needed to be served, no matter how long and how rough the road was that got to the justice.

"I hired them because they owed me. I did a lot of favors for them and their family, so it came time for payment. What more don't you understand?"

"Then why kill Baker? You had his sisters helping to pay back the debt they owed, so why go the extra length to kill Baker?"

Cowell released a heavy breath, letting his head loll back on his shoulders as he felt himself become increasingly annoyed with this session of interrogation.

"Listen here, boy. I did not kill Baker. Hear those words, write them down, record them; whatever the fuck you need from me to understand that I am not that little shit's killer!"

Shawn stood abruptly from his chair, the metal scraping on the concrete floor loud against the empty room's walls. His arm shot out, hand clutching the expensive fabric of Cowell's blazer, pulling him up from his own chair and bringing their faces closer so Cowell could see the veins in Shawn's face pulsing from anger.

"You're pushing your limits with me, Cowell. Think about your next choice of words very carefully. I don't play well with others, and that is why they picked me to question you. You're hiding something and I will get it out of you with everything it takes - even brute force, if needed. Got that?"

Cowell's jaw clenched at Shawn's explanation, his eyes narrowing into mere slits. He gathered his saliva on his tongue, watching Shawn's eyes dart down to his mouth. Before the agent could react, Cowell released a well-aimed spit across the length of Shawn's face, smirking afterwards when Shawn dropped him back into the chair to wipe his face clean. Officers rushed in before Shawn could grab Cowell again, the agent fighting against their hold.

"Fuck out of here, boy." Cowell laughed, waving his hand in dismissal as Shawn was dragged out of the room. When the door was shut, an officer stood in front of it to block it as the chief grabbed Shawn's face with his hands, forcing him to look him in the eyes.

"Get a hold on yourself, agent. I picked you for a reason. You need to keep your calm in there, because bad cop will not work on Cowell."

Shawn shoved the chief's hands off of him, scrubbing his hands down his cheeks and turning them red. He closed in on the only sink in the room, rincing off his face with the cold water, aiding in clearing his mind of the infuriating suspect he just left in the interrogation room.

"You should just call up Jauregui to do this. Cowell is too much of an egotistical prick for me to keep my cool with, so I know Jauregui is better equipped to deal with him."

"She already has a task. I don't take back my orders. You need to step up and take initiative. I will not take no for an answer." The chief answered, sipping on his coffee that was nearby. Shawn clenched his jaw in frustration, completely over the fact that he was the one that needed to do this, and that the chief was being stubborn in his decision. He knew Lauren would trade places with him in a millisecond, considering she let herself fall a bit for their beautiful Latin suspect.