Can't This Be More?

"I don't think using a strap-on is a very 'gay' thing to do."

Five close friends gather on the rooftop of their apartment building and enjoy a sweet red wine along with the vast night sky above them and the breathtaking view of nighttime Chicago.

"How the hell would you know? You're not gay!" Lauren Jauregui laughed, arguing with Dinah Jane's earlier statement about using a strap-on.

"Yeah, but the whole point of being gay if you're a girl is to get away from stick-like objects being shoved into your vagina." the tall blonde explained, performing a dramatic hair flip as she took a sip from her glass.

"Vibrators will always go down as the true meaning of pleasure in any woman's life." Camila Cabello concluded, earning a gasp from Lauren.

"As a woman who has had experience with pleasure, I can definitely argue that there have been a lot more pleasurable things that I have encountered over a measly vibrating silicone dick." the green eyed woman stated, Dinah throwing her head back in laughter.

"Why are we even having this conversation?" Ally Brooke asked, beginning to feel uncomfortable with such an intimate topic.

"Have a little spirit, Ally. Sex is a part of life. Or, in this case, desire. You gotta fulfill your needs in more ways than just eating and sleeping." Dinah spoke, everyone but Ally nodding their head in agreement.

"What if I don't want to 'fulfill my needs'? It doesn't seem like an important task to me. I've got more important things to worry about than sexual activity." Ally defended, swirling the wine in her glass. Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Whatever you say, short stuff. Continue being a prude."

"I am not a prude!"

"I'd say otherwise."

Ally huffed in annoyance, setting down her wine glass and leaning back in her lawn chair with her arms crossed.

"So Normani," Lauren spoke up, sensing the need for a change in topic, "how's that guy in your department that you've been talking about lately?"

"James?" The dark skinned woman questioned, receiving a nod of conformation from Lauren. "He's good. I go to the coffee shop across the street from my building with him every day for my lunch break, now. He's quite an interesting person to talk with."

"Do you guys share any interests?" Camila asked, now intrigued with the woman's love life as well.

"A few. He likes the same types of food that I do. We also talk about some of the popular TV shows out right now. He, of course, discusses the more action packed ones, while I stick to the dramatic romances that are out today." she replied, not even noticing the quiet sigh that Dinah released as she stared off at the city below them.

"Do you see this relationship going any further?" Lauren asked, giving Dinah a sympathetic smile before returning her gaze to Normani.

"I'm not sure. Maybe. I don't want to get too ahead of myself and read the situation wrong. He might only desire a simple friendship with me."

"I say take things slow for now. See where this could potentially lead." Camila suggested, running a hand through her hair as she poured more wine into her glass. Ally sighed, downing the last of the wine in her glass before dropping the fine crystal onto the table in between all of them, standing as she adjusted her knee-length skirt.

"Well, ladies. I'd love to continue this little meeting, but I should really get to bed. Its getting late, and I need to go into the bakery an hour early tomorrow to clean up the place before our regular inspection." Ally explained, the other four girls groaning in protest.