Appreciate Me

"We are pulling up now." My driver announced, the car dragging over to the sidewalk and jolting to a stop. I sucked in a deep breath, placing my sunglasses over my eyes and feeling the brisk night air on my face once one of my body guards opened my car door. A hand appeared in assistance to help me out, my own reaching for it as I stepped out onto the sidewalk and was greeted with bright flashing lights. Crazed voices shouted my name alongside truly invasive questions regarding my career and personal issues.

I simply ignored everything, lifting my chin high in the air as I was guided by my agent into the building.

Here I was... about to watch Lauren Jauregui perform live. Not long ago, I performed live with her on various different stages around the globe. Of course, that was five years ago. Age has progressed, as well as maturity. With determination sparking in my gut, I purchased a ticket online to come here and see her.

I missed her.

I was seated in the front row beside the stage and away from the rest of the wild crowd, as to avoid encounters from fans of my own or obnoxious individuals that usually beg for my autograph or a photo with me.

Being Camila Cabello, the former fifth member of the band Fifth Harmony, I was extremely popular with the Fifth Harmony fan base, and now my own. I'm still unsure of whether or not to be proud or ashamed of my decision to go solo, but that was all to be forgotten about tonight. My only focus... that green eyed goddess that would soon appear on the vast stage and bless us all with her unwavering talent.

I squirmed uncomfortably in my chair, fixing my hair a million different times and checking in my mirror to make sure my makeup was still in tact. My agent sat beside me, as well as two of my most trusted body guards.

"You look fine." Roger, my agent, consulted me.

"What a big fat lie." I hissed, flipping my hair over my shoulder and running my hand down my thigh in a failed attempt at drying my sweaty palms.

"This was a mistake coming here if you can't even keep yourself composed." He snarled.

"Did I ask for your opinion?" I countered.

"I don't require you to ask, I can voice it with freedom."

"Ah, but you put yourself at risk of losing the greatest pop icon in the music industry today."

"You must be confusing yourself with someone else, because that sure as hell isn't you, Karla."

My eyes almost fell out of my head upon hearing him address me by my first name. The one that was reserved only for close family and friends.

"You are my agent, not my father. Respect is part of your job. You're lacking in that department at the moment, and I demand you straighten yourself out before I kick you out and stay with my guards. I don't need you, anyway."

"All of this attitude because of one woman. Wow, Camila. You really are gay, aren't you?"

My hand raised in caution of coming into contact with his cheek, and he raised his own in response to warn me about risky actions and what they could potentially lead to. Of course, this is only an assumption. Maybe I had managed to scare him a little. Slim chance, though.

"I've had enough of this," he stressed, standing and swiping his hands down his jacket. "Enjoy your night, snake. See you tomorrow for your recording in Miami." And with that, he walked out of the stadium to most likely retire to a bar for the rest of the night. Good riddance.

The security guard that was sitting next to him took the newly abandoned chair, offering a warm smile as he patted my knee.

"Excited to see her again after so long?" He asked softly. He was my favorite out of my staff.