Nothing Lasts Forever

"I'll get you one day, Cabello." Lauren Jauregui said, her voice determined.

"In your dreams, Jauregui." Camila Cabello winked, kissing her palm and waving it at the green eyed girl. Lauren smiled her charming one that would convince any girl to go with her in a heartbeat. But not Camila. Everything had been different with Camila. Its what first caught her attention. The brunette had turned her cheek upon the request of a date, and Lauren has been chasing her ever since.

Today was the same as every day Camila would visit the Jauregui family's marketplace. The building was a decent sized business for the fifties, and Camila would stop in every morning for some fresh eggs and milk to complete a fair breakfast that would serve her whole family. Her parents would send her since she was the oldest child, but also since she was the only one in the family that could get a discount on the items for being the love of Lauren Jauregui's life.

"We lose most of our money because of you, lover girl." Clara Jauregui would tease. Clara took charge of stocking up the shelves at the marketplace. She'd attend to calling in shipments and keeping up with all of the paperwork and bills that would come in the mail. Mike Jauregui owned the marketplace and kept up with making sure the business had a nice appeal and reputation. Any repairs needed in the store, he'd put attention to. He'd also meet up with other business owners and put in a good word so the family would have good relationships with everyone in town and therefore bring in their hefty crowds.

As for the Cabello's, they had it lucky. A family of long fortune. Some invention came out of one of their ancestors, one they can't seem to remember, and have always had it lucky with money. They remain in a house passed down by generations, one built in the early 1800's. Alejandro Cabello owns a lot of popular companies that deal with manufacturing, while Sinu Cabello owns a lot of popular clothing shops, one in which Camila now works in.

Once she came of age, Sinu insisted the young girl join her in the family business. She was quite the same as Lauren, taking up family tradition and smiling with gratitude as they went along with their day cooped up in their parent's influence. No room to breathe. No room to love.

This is the very fact that spurred Lauren on to catch a date with Camila. Only if the young brunette could just say yes. As the green eyed girl began to lose hope, one summer evening came along to change her mind. Remember: the two are young. They've yet to experience the life of an adult, and how the harsh reality shall come crashing down on the girls eventually.

"Hello." Camila greeted as she swept into the two sliding glass doors of the Jauregui Marketplace.

"Mornin' Camz." Lauren flashed a broad smile as she leant her elbows on the surface of the wooden countertop. Camila smiled in return, patting the wood of the counter and leaning in as well.

"Yes." she said simply. Lauren furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, their conversation catching the interest of the youngest Jauregui, Taylor. The taller brunette was stacking cans in a nearby section, but noticed Camila lift her leg like a giddy school girl as she swung her curled high ponytail while batting her eyes at Lauren. This had to be the big moment.

"What's gotten into you today, Cabello?" Lauren laughed as she ran a hand through her hair.

"You."

This certainly took her off guard, and Lauren raised an eyebrow in shock.

"Is that so?"

The petite woman who had strolled in with a strange confidence just seconds ago simply nodded with a low hum. Taylor laughed quietly as she shook her head, knowing the events that would play out next. Though Lauren had determination of one day taking Camila out on a date, she had no clue where to even begin with such an outing.